The Fenway Project- WIP

Sean O

11.14 edit:

Added screenshots of part two. You'll love it.

Hey all-

Quick update before bed, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

leftmj1.th.jpg

rightcenterag0.th.jpg

Cannot wait to see what can be done with this graphically. Fenway was in such need of a classic update that i'm kind of shocked we hadn't gotten around to it yet. I hope for tremendous things.

Awesome HCL, I've sent the mess of it to paulw to see if he wants to work through the graphics, but I'd be happy to take those two signs and save everyone a bit of work.

As for Busch, oh man did EA do a number on that one. I spent about an hour trying to hammer through some things and barely made a dent in it. I'm thinking of just starting from the stock version of Busch to see if I can make any better sense of it, and if I actually show progress I'll import the graphics you have. But, with Fenway proving much easier to this point, I think i'll see this through for a bit.

Lemme know if you want to peruse the early version of Fenway.

Here's where we're at now. The work on the screen in left by SeanO is freaking beautiful. I've added most of the signs but still need to do some tweaking. The big challenge I want to definetly take on is the collision data in coll.dat.

oldfenway.jpg

Paul-

Awesome. It's incredible, because I was thinking how I would love to work with coll.dat in some way on this project, and lo and behold you agree. Editing the collision for the posts of the screen would be fantastic, and I only wish we could figure out how to create the different effects the wall used to have.

I'm trying to create something cool for another era of Fenway now, I'll keep you apprised.

Oh man, this is too much fun.

fenway4tk1.th.jpg

Fenway '67.

fenway1jj5.th.jpg

Tony Conigliaro launches one into the net.

fenway2xd0.th.jpg

The fixed up center field bleachers.

fenway3hr1.th.jpg

Foy makes a great throw to nail the White Sox.

fenway5cj6.th.jpg

Right field.

I'm really so happy with the product as it is now, but it's off to paul for yet another round of updates. Right now, I'm going back to 1934. Enjoy.

I'm working on the minor details now - just some stuff to give it that extra touch ;-) I'm very happy with where we're at. "Classic" Fenway was a beautiful park - the amazing thing is how little is changed from about 1947 to at least 1980. (And yes it's still a beautiful park - I just don't particularly like the modern crap like that atrocity of a jumbo scoreboard in center field. Also, why would you want to sit on top of the monster when probably the coolest hits in Fenway are balls off the left field wall and big bombs over it - you just can't see them from there????).

Paul-

You haven't sat on the Monster seats. It's... good. Very, very good. Damn is it good.

Agree about the jumbotron though, it's pretty nasty. If I had my way, they'd rip out the entire bleacher section and rebuild from scratch, with better sightlines and an upper deck. But, I'm sadly not John W. Henry.

The monster seats look fine. They really didn't do anything to detract from the ballpark asthetics. I guess I do need to sit there to appreciate them. I've never been much of a sitting in the bleachers fan though now that I think of it I do remember a game at County Stadium where Money, Lezcano and Thomas all hit bombs within about 50 feet of us. You really got a great view of them coming right at you. What happens when a ball hits off the wall though - can you see it or hear it or ???

No here would be a great seat - go back in time and sit on top of the scoreboard at Ebbets field. Whoa...

Hey, I was watching my 1967 World Series films and it appeared that the Citgo sign was beyond the monster. Just a head's up. They may have been using footage from 1968 to fill in gaps or what not.

Also, the Monsta' appeared to have rectangular paneling for the texture on it.

Caught in the act :-) :-) I was trying to slip in the Cities Service sign because I like how it looks. The Citgo sign was there in 67. Sean, I tried to get one by you (it's the Plato in me!). I guess I'm busted. I finished up making a couple of nice changes tonight and should be sending Fenway back to you on Saturday for your final revisions. It'll have the Citgo sign.

After that in *my* personal home version Cities Service goes back in and kaboom - down comes part no. 108 (The Hancock Building). I'm going to replace it with a smokestack. ;-)

Just downloaded this gem and played a few innings of exhibition in my '67 mod. I played cards and red sox of course. Beautiful work you guys. I felt as though I was in 1967 again. I love the textures and the net is much better than the fans. Great job-you guys are true mvp's of stadium modding. I would love to see Dodger stadium in a more 60's look-with the light blue wall etc. I'm sure you guys could do it.

Archived