Favorite Christmas Music?

BigDaddyCool

They are coming here on December 21 to Alltel Arena in Little Rock. I haven't heard much that they have done, but I understand tickets are selling pretty quick.

If you or anyone here ever gets a chance to see them, do it. It is absolutely the best music concert you'll ever go to. They do an awesome job with everything; the lighting, the singing, the instrumentals, is all perfectly done. I saw them last year and wish I could go again this year.

I absolutely love that song, can't believe i didn't mention it. No one sings that song like Springsteen.

obviously i know basically nothing about christmas songs, but if anyone's going to do something half decent or at least worth listening to, it'd be Bruce.

• 3 years later...

A lot of my close friends don't know this, so I doubt many of you would, besides collecting baseball cards I also collect Christmas music. I'm like a Christmas music-aficionado.

I usually separate Christmas music into two categories: Christmas songs and Christmas carols. Christmas songs are original songs by a musician and are more modern and they often lack a religious aspect (Christmas, Baby Please Come Home). Christmas carols usually have this religious aspect (The First Noël) or our so popular they've been covered by anyone and everyone (Jingle Bells).

My favourite Christmas carol is O Come, All Ye Faithful. My favourite version of this carol is sung by Roger Whittaker.

Picking my favourite Christmas song is a lot tougher. I picked my top three, in no particular order:

I Believe In Father Christmas by Emerson, Lake and Palmer

I Sing Noël by Bing Crosby

2000 Miles by The Pretenders

Archived