BCS Title Game!

TribeFan4Eva

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this isn't true. Florida's coach is a scumbag and after saying the things he said about Michigan and outright begging for a bowl game bid I would think the bowls would be embarassed to have Florida there.

So if you're the coach of a team that could very well be on the verge of getting screwed out of a title shot, you wouldn't campaign for votes? Bullshit.

And he never said anything negative about Michigan. He said they didn't win their conference...true, isn't it? He said he would like to see "other teams" (basically Michigan and USC) go through the SEC and the schedule Florida had and see how they faired. Fair statement.

The only negative thing Meyer has said is that the BCS is a piece of ****. And you can't tell me you disagree with that.

The only team that gets fuc kin scrwed is Michgan. They got screwed by USC first, now Florida. Just because the BCS is being a bit ch and not wanting a reamtch. Fu ck it, college football is the worst governed program in all of sports. Florida didn't make it on it's credentials, they made it on Michigan's bad luck. If Michigan lost to anyone else but the team garunteed a spot in the title game, they would be in.

I hope this isn't true. Florida's coach is a scumbag and after saying the things he said about Michigan and outright begging for a bowl game.

I am in the dark on this, I have yet to hear what he( Meyer ) said about Michigan. I keep hearing people bring it up....can someone enlighten me as to what he did say.

UM and UF both had 1 loss. Florida had one extra game w/SEC championship game and won their conference in doing so - UM did not win their conference. UF deserves to be there.

Not reason enough. Florida didn't have to play the #1 team to win their conference.

This had nothing to do with who's the better team or who deserved it. It had to do with a popular vote, just like before the BCS, combined with which matchups overall would draw better ratings. Now you get OSU-Florida and Michigan-USC. Best of both worlds for TV, although the players don't gain anything from it.

Nothing new in the Michigan universe. Same thing happened in 1973 and 1997. Even when they win it, they don't win it.

The only team that gets fuc kin scrwed is Michgan. They got screwed by USC first, now Florida. Just because the BCS is being a bit ch and not wanting a reamtch. Fu ck it, college football is the worst governed program in all of sports. Florida didn't make it on it's credentials, they made it on Michigan's bad luck. If Michigan lost to anyone else but the team garunteed a spot in the title game, they would be in.

Watch the language...we aren't idiots...

I hope this isn't true. Florida's coach is a scumbag and after saying the things he said about Michigan and outright begging for a bowl game bid I would think the bowls would be embarassed to have Florida there.

the coach didn't say anything so dont call him a scumbag, it was some kinda mangerial high up dude, on TV they keep calli the guy that said that a "manager"

Not reason enough. Florida didn't have to play the #1 team to win their conference.

This had nothing to do with who's the better team or who deserved it. It had to do with a popular vote, just like before the BCS, combined with which matchups overall would draw better ratings. Now you get OSU-Florida and Michigan-USC. Best of both worlds for TV, although the players don't gain anything from it.

Nothing new in the Michigan universe. Same thing happened in 1973 and 1997. Even when they win it, they don't win it.

UF did play the #1 team in the Western division of the SEC to win the overall conference championship. They also were 9-1 against bowl eligible teams that included Auburn, Georgia, Tennesse and LSU. Winning the SEC is no small task! UM played ND (who is should not in a BCS bowl), Wisconsin and Ohio State. Absolutely NO doubt in my mind UF should be there!

UF did play the #1 team in the Western division of the SEC to win the overall conference championship. They also were 9-1 against bowl eligible teams that included Auburn, Georgia, Tennesse and LSU. Winning the SEC is no small task! UM played ND (who is should not in a BCS bowl), Wisconsin and Ohio State. Absolutely NO doubt in my mind UF should be there!

Now wait a minute. Are you comparing Michigan playing the number one team in the COUNTRY with Florida playing the #1 team in the western division of the SEC? My point is, if Florida had gone up to Ohio State to play, they'd have two losses.

By the way, Notre Dame IS in a BCS bowl. Florida is in, so you don't need to try to convince anyone anymore. And good luck against those Buckeyes, you'll need it, bro.

Now wait a minute. Are you comparing Michigan playing the number one team in the COUNTRY with Florida playing the #1 team in the western division of the SEC? My point is, if Florida had gone up to Ohio State to play, they'd have two losses.

By the way, Notre Dame IS in a BCS bowl. Florida is in, so you don't need to try to convince anyone anymore. And good luck against those Buckeyes, you'll need it, bro.

I misread it - I see that it meant playing the #1 team in the nation. I realize ND is in a BCS bowl - what I meant was they should not be. They're always the little, media darling that hangs around in the polls no matter what their record is or the quality of competition they play. I'm not a UF fan btw - just giving my opinions.

The talk about teams beating bowl eligible teams is garbage. Awful teams can make a bowl; all they have to do is win 6 games, which isn't that hard. There's far too many bowls, and plenty of teams have made them in the past with even a losing record. I'd like to throw out the "Team A beat X many bowl eligible teams this year" argument.

I really get the feeling that anyone besides Michigan would get destroyed by Ohio State. I think I'm one of the few people (And I'm dead serious) who thought UCLA had a chance against USC, just by judging how they've played against USC the last couple of years. Florida is good, but they're no Michigan. Michigan went into Ohio State and nearly beat them (I think they would have if it weren't for that Roughing the Passer late hit call). Florida has looked lackluster in a ton of games (No matter how good the SEC is) and that game against South Carolina at HOME was too close for them to be considered for the National Championship game. Yes, I know Michigan nearly lost to Ball State (Or was it someone else), but that was a tune-up phone-in "Don't really care" game against a lesser school. South Carolina coming into the Swamp should be an important game considering:

Spurrier is back

It's a conference game

There's no excuse for barely beating your former coach in a conference game.

Archived