More updating to Classic Yankee

paulw

I was never really happy with the apartment buildings behind the left field stands along the Grand Concourse - that piece was mapped in a strange way. Anyhow, to combat the cold here in Milwaukee, I've holed up for a little while and done some work on them. I've also made the water tower in center an independent 3-d piece (Had a good idea on this tonight and should be able to actually get the 3-d water tower shape to it). Anyhow if anyone's interested here's the new left field:

Image: yankee2.jpg

SeanO sent me some work that also moves the right field line distance to the correct 296 feet. I'm having a little problem integrating this in but I think we can make this work. Classic Yankee, is and always will be, my favorite old time park.

wow, very impressive.

i always had a question about stadium modding. let's use at&t park as an example. say someone hits a homerun in the water. is there any way to make it more realistic when the ball hits? as it is now, the ball just rolls across the water like it's any other parking lot.

wow, very impressive.

i always had a question about stadium modding. let's use at&t park as an example. say someone hits a homerun in the water. is there any way to make it more realistic when the ball hits? as it is now, the ball just rolls across the water like it's any other parking lot.

I would imagine you could move the collision detection to below the water so that the ball disappears into the drink.

I'm getting closer on this. I've got the correct dimensions (296 feet) down the right field line. Thanks for your work on this Sean. In the picture below, I guess what you should really look at is the background behind center field - also the overall view of the left field apartments. It's starting to get some depth to it - I'm also removing all of my sloppy scans and replacing them with original work. Here's the pic:

yankee6.jpg

This may seem nuts to some of you that I'm still working on this but it's a nice hobby. I just want to see how good I can get it. As I've said before Yankee (just a hair ahead of Ebbets) is my favorite old time park.

Depth is probably the only thing we can work on at this point, since everything else inside the park has been added by now.

MVP Classics: If it was in the game and only visible in obscure photographs on some dutch website, it's in the game.

Archived