Happy Hanukkah!

abc006

Happy Hanukkah/Christmas/Kwanzaa everybody! If you don't already know, this is the first of eight nights of Hanukkah, the newish holiday with lots of latkes and dreidels and menorahs and stuff.

Actually, despite popular belief, Hanukkah is not a major Jewish holiday. In Israel, kids don't even get school off, while they get off for basically every other major holiday. Really, the most important holiday, and by far, is Passover, but Hanukkah just got really popular and known to the public in America, since it's right around the time of Christmas. Also, you usually don't get nearly as much presents as you do in Christmas, for me at least, it's smaller presents, and other holidays and occasions bigger ones. Anyway, hope everyone enjoys their holidays, whatever they may be.

best regards,

abc :cyclops:

Happy Hanukkah/Christmas/Kwanzaa everybody! If you don't already know, this is the first of eight nights of Hanukkah, the newish holiday with lots of latkes and dreidels and menorahs and stuff.

Actually, despite popular belief, Hanukkah is not a major Jewish holiday. In Israel, kids don't even get school off, while they get off for basically every other major holiday. Really, the most important holiday, and by far, is Passover, but Hanukkah just got really popular and known to the public in America, since it's right around the time of Christmas. Also, you usually don't get nearly as much presents as you do in Christmas, for me at least, it's smaller presents, and other holidays and occasions bigger ones. Anyway, hope everyone enjoys their holidays, whatever they may be.

best regards,

abc :cyclops:

Actually, the most important holiday is Yom Kippur. I should know, being Jewish. Hanukkah is post-biblical events, it isn't in the bible.

Actually, the most important holiday is Yom Kippur. I should know, being Jewish. Hanukkah is post-biblical events, it isn't in the bible.

oh, actually that is true, that Yom Kippur is also very important. I should also know being jewish. :)

so drink your gin and tonikkah, and smoke your marajuanakkah...
:? um, ok...

Happy Hanukkah/Christmas/Kwanzaa everybody!

Happy Chrismahannukwanzaakah everybody!

Not to be disrespectful, but this song did come to my mind immediately.

...Tell your friend Veronica,

It's time to celebrate Hannukah!

I hope I get a harmonicah,

On this lovely, lovely Hannukah!

So drink your gin and tonicah,

And smoke your marijuanikah!

If you really, really wannakah,

Have a happy, happy, happy, happy Hannukah!

Happy Chrismahannukwanzaakah everybody!

...Tell your friend Veronica,

It's time to celebrate Hannukah!

I hope I get a harmonicah,

On this lovely, lovely Hannukah!

So drink your gin and tonicah,

And smoke your marijuanikah!

If you really, really wannakah,

Have a happy, happy, happy, happy Hannukah!

O.J. Simpson...Not a Jew...

But guess who is...

Hall of Famer, Rod Carew...he converted

(Funky little guitar riff)

Archived