Just one pitch

Yankee4Life

What the hell, I had time today so I decided to play a MS vs FF game. I start D-Unit, who does a good job against the Great and Powerful, who can be tough to hit. The Forum Fanatics had their chances, but mostly every ball they hit on the nose went right to a Modder. In the first few innings, four different Fanatics players lined out on balls hit so hard, that another inch or two would have meant extra base hits. Rather, they were line shots that the Modders only took a few steps to grab.

Big Bully broke a scoreless tie with a homerun into the short porch at Classic Yankee Stadium in the fifth inning. But what hurt the Fanatics was what happened three innings later. With two out, Swingin Soriano was hit by a pitch by a curve that broke too much from D-Unit. It was one of the few curveballs D-Unit did not have control of all game. But then Krawhitham came up and hit the first pitch, a fast ball into the death valley area of Yankee Stadium for a two run home run that put the game practically out of reach at 3 - 0. A screenshot of this can not be provided because I set the controller down and just stared at the monitor for a minute in shock.

The Fanatics had their chances with Fuzzone, who went all the way and gave up nine hits and struck out four.

The hitting stars for the Modders were of course Big Bully and Krawhitham. For the Fanatics, it was NYM, who went 3 for 4.

How many times have any one of you played this game when you can tell something bad is going to happen because you made a mistake at the worst time? For this game, it was the curve that broke too far in. That's all the Modders needed in this game.

WP: Fuzzone

LP: D-Unit

Game played at Classic Yankee Stadium by SeanO and PaulW.

The Box Score, so you can see how the Modders did it.

Ok, some screenies, but just a few. Our fanatic team deserved better.

I edited this stadium name in my game with Loclook to give props to SeanO and PaulW for a job well done.

After Big Bully singled to lead off the second, D-Unit picked him off first base on an 0-1 count. Little did we know what he would do a few innings later.

JoeyMcM93 hits it right on the nose like most of the FF players did today, but more times than not, it was right at someone. Here he is shown lining out to Fuzz.

In the fifth inning, Big Bully hits the ball into the short right field stands, a place where he can't get picked off from first base. Modders lead 1 - 0.

D-Unit sacrifices Snash13 to second base as the Fanatics attempt a rally in the fifth.

In the top of the sixth with two out, Swingin Soriano is hit by a pitch, this one being intentional. Call it guilt by association.

Look at where NYM's catcher's mitt is. D-Unit's curve broke so much and it broke right into Soriano, who could not get out of the way. It was the turning point in the game, as Kraw homered one pitch later to give the Modders a 3 - 0 lead.

Game over. Damn, I still can't get over that curve ball that broke that much. :(

THANK YOU MVP MODDERS FOR MVP 2006!

Archived