some observations

Padres67

Was playing a TC game in my dynasty, '61 Yanks against '78 Yanks-Roger Maris' face was orange with yellow lettering. Apparently tired of the fans telling him he didn't deserve to beat the Babe he covered his face with paint. But unable to see at all he hit a ball off the left field foul pole. When this happens a loud clang of metal is heard. Pretty cool that it does that. Why on occasion Maris' face is covered is a mystery.

that happens a bit with myself as well - random player faces and even gloves. i think it has to do with the game being unable to load that particular item at that time, so it fills it in with that rubbish.

it never causes more problems other than cosmetic for me, and always disappears at the start of a new game.

EDIT:

i remember at least one screenshot in TCM of a catcher with that problem.

It has to do with the amount of free memory available when the face is loaded. It could be because you're playing in a modded stadium that requires more memory to load, it could be because of the uniforms that are being used, it could be because of glove mods loaded, etc. As you said, it is random, so there's no real way to tell exactly what caused the issue.

It is nice to know that Maris was such a good hitter that he could hit homeruns blindfolded...... :wink:

It has to do with the amount of free memory available when the face is loaded. It could be because you're playing in a modded stadium that requires more memory to load, it could be because of the uniforms that are being used, it could be because of glove mods loaded, etc. As you said, it is random, so there's no real way to tell exactly what caused the issue.

It is nice to know that Maris was such a good hitter that he could hit homeruns blindfolded...... :wink:

Classic Yankee is relatively graphics-intensive, but nothing like Big O's Fenway or anything. We only ever used the stock Yankee Stadium (without adding other parks, like I've done a couple of times), so the only possibility is your system getting taxed because everything is being shown on-screen.

Archived