VBL - Virtual Baseball League Season 4

Stetson

VBL: Virtual Baseball League

We are getting ready for season 4. We are an online franchise league beginning season #4 with actual MLB rosters. We will be going with the full 30 MLB teams. We are an ongoing franchise league so any trades, franchised players, etc. will continue over to the following season. With the new stats system to be in place at start, stats tracking, game reporting, injury keeping, etc. will be easier than ever; as everything will be kept in house.

We play IP to IP and use MSN messenger as contact between owners along with the website, forums, etc. We play using the 06mod and patch #3. We use a league datafile to offset being forced to play on pro level. (Thanks EA!) We play 2 game and 3 game weeks; alternating weeks. Right now we are about half full and like I said are going with ALL 30 teams from here on out.

PLEASE, and I can't stress this enough, apply if you intend to stay longterm. Guys in the league are VERY commited and passionate about the game/league and we are here to stay. Guys spend alot of time building their team to pave their way to future successfull seasons.

If intersted, head on over to: www.virtualleagues.net

You can click on the TEAM OWNERS link under VBL PAGES section to see the open teams available. On the left side menu bar, click on: JOIN VIRTUAL LEAGUES and make sure to choose VBL as the league you are wanting to join. I will get back to you soon after that with more information and get ya signed up.

We took a long break after Season 3. (maybe too long) Lost contact with quite a few good ones, but felt it was needed. Also, weeded out alot of guys that weren't so good for the league.

Also has taken awhile to get the new stats system in order. No longer are the days of having to take screenshots and manually enter your game stats after each and every game. Now it will just be a matter of uploading each games .csv output file and ULing it to the site. No longer will we have to use an outsourced stats site for our record keeping; all now to be kept in house.

With all the changes and work done in the offseason, and the work that will be going on with the owners/gm's and the building of their teams to carry on to following seasons, all the owners are going to want commited owners as their peers. More than half full now... Still taking apps.

Consider taking a team again, you always played well.

You play a full 162 games?!

And if this is season 4, does that mean that any trades that were made you all revert back to current rosters and start all over from scratch so that as you start the new season everyone has current rosters just like in real life? Or, would you say that any trades that have taken place in your VBL remain intact? Like, if I wanted to be the Braves, and someone in the past traded him already, would I start being an owner only to find that rosters are not current-I'm missing A. Jones or someone?

We are starting season 4 (this season) with current MLB rosters. We had to go back to default due to the new stats system for this season.

From season 4 onward, all trades, etc. will rollover to the following season. So in essence it would be like building a multi-season dynasty. Rosters will carry over to the following season with any trades that u make in this current season, we will not revert back and start over at seasons end.

Hope this helps and clarifies.

VBL: Virtual Baseball League

We are getting ready for season 4. We are an online franchise league beginning season #4 with actual MLB rosters. We will be going with the full 30 MLB teams. We are an ongoing franchise league so any trades, franchised players, etc. will continue over to the following season. With the new stats system to be in place at start, stats tracking, game reporting, injury keeping, etc. will be easier than ever; as everything will be kept in house.

We play IP to IP and use MSN messenger as contact between owners along with the website, forums, etc. We play using the 06mod and patch #3. We use a league datafile to offset being forced to play on pro level. (Thanks EA!) We play 2 game and 3 game weeks; alternating weeks. Right now we are about half full and like I said are going with ALL 30 teams from here on out.

PLEASE, and I can't stress this enough, apply if you intend to stay longterm. Guys in the league are VERY commited and passionate about the game/league and we are here to stay. Guys spend alot of time building their team to pave their way to future successfull seasons.

If intersted, head on over to: www.virtualleagues.net

You can click on the TEAM OWNERS link under VBL PAGES section to see the open teams available. On the left side menu bar, click on: JOIN VIRTUAL LEAGUES and make sure to choose VBL as the league you are wanting to join. I will get back to you soon after that with more information and get ya signed up.

Tony I sent you a PM.

The regular season would consist of about 63 games total for each team.

Weeks 1,3,5,7,9,etc. (odd weeks) are 2 game series weeks.

Weeks 2,4,6,8,10, etc. (even weeks) are 3 game series weeks.

The regular season will go 25 weeks long.

Therefore the total amount of regular season games would be like 63 games before going to playoffs.

*NOTE: This season we WILL NOT be implementing a salary cap. Therefore any trades would really be based on player attributes/abilities as opposed to what they're salary is.

Hey Stetson, I'd like to play, but I was wondering a couple of things...for example, would it be possible to play more than 1 game a day? I'm in high school, currently, and so it's hard to play anytime not Sat. Sun. or Friday night.

You will have to create one. if you dont already have MSN Messenger, you'll have to DL and install it. Create your ID, you MAY be able to use your actual email ADDY as your ID. (If I remember correctly, there are SOME mail clients that it wont allow, but cant remeber for sure)

Lemme know...

One more question before I join...

For the league, do we need to have a clean install of MVP + Patches + UR + Datafile, or can we have the MVP06 mod too.

Or, for that matter, is the 06 mod mandatory for this league?

We run the MVP06 mod in the league. YES - it *IS* mandatory to run and use it to ensure there are no problems with everyones gameplay. It wont work and will error out when playing IP to IP if one person is using it and the other is not.

You wont need the actual UR, you will load the roster for each week as a custom roster in game. I release a new roster each and every week.

I'd be interested. I currently have a different roster set installed that I want to keep too, Would I need to install a second copy of the game to play in the league, or is there another way to keep both?

You can keep your current roster just fine, youll just need to load the leagues roster file in game prior to play. You wont need to install a 2nd copy.

I play IP games with a friend who doesn't have the 06 mod installed. Can I still use both?

Not real sure about that. Im sure theres a way, just not sure how to go about it.

About the 07 mod, NO, we will be sticking with the 06final mod. Too much for everyone to do to switch over to 07 at this point.

Archived