Installer MAKER Released!

compmaniac

Should I make an Installer MAKER thingy?  

14 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Uploaded version 2.0 of CTS Installer Maker!

(Changes: all of your files will be packed into one installer instead of scattered)

Also, would you guys want me to make a program that could make an installer for everything? (cyberfaces, portraits, stadiums, CTS screens, uniforms, etc.?)

Uploaded version 2.0 of CTS Installer Maker!

(Changes: all of your files will be packed into one installer instead of scattered)

Also, would you guys want me to make a program that could make an installer for everything? (cyberfaces, portraits, stadiums, CTS screens, uniforms, etc.?)

Would there not already be one: Kraws Installer Thingy???

Would there not already be one: Kraws Installer Thingy???

But Kraw's installer thingy is for the end user to install a package.

My program will create an installer MAKER for the original maker, so the end user doesn't have to get confused over not being able to use Kraw's installer thingy or something else.

Do you think I should continue with this project, or scrap it?

Just uploaded cyberfaces installer maker!

Do you think I should keep releasing them separately, and then upload a combination of all of them after I'm done with all of the small installer makers, or just stop releasing the small ones, and release a big final product when I'm done?

Well, I'm just in the process of making a Installer MAKER thingy, which will create installers for the modders so that they can release a installer with their mod.

That way, the users who download the mods can easily install it.

It's sort of like kraw's installer thingy, except his requires the end user to install it him/herself, while my program can be used by the MODDER to create an installer, so the end user can just run an installer.

Good idea?

Well, I'm just in the process of making a Installer MAKER thingy, which will create installers for the modders so that they can release a installer with their mod.

That way, the users who download the mods can easily install it.

It's sort of like kraw's installer thingy, except his requires the end user to install it him/herself, while my program can be used by the MODDER to create an installer, so the end user can just run an installer.

Good idea?

You try way too hard.

Well, I'm not really sure whether to continue or not, because UncleMo said that it was a bad idea in his review on my download page, but some people here say that it's an excellent idea, so I think I'll just make a poll on this page for people to vote, and if you have comments, you can post them in this thread.

And so far, it doesn't seem like a lot of people have been downloading my two installer MAKER thingys that I have made so far.

Comments, and please vote.

I used to let one review keep me down.

My point is not to kick you in the dirt. I just don't get your upload when there already is 3-4 methods already available to install mods. Cyberfaces in particular.

If you do have someone that thinks you're ideas are crazy, then that means you're probably on to something.

Also, just because there is a modder tag by my name doesn't mean my review means diddly squat. I meant what I said. I see a high potential in you because of your interests/talents mixed with your enthusiasm. I think when you find your niché, you're going to be killer.

I used to let one review keep me down.

My point is not to kick you in the dirt. I just don't get your upload when there already is 3-4 methods already available to install mods. Cyberfaces in particular.

If you do have someone that thinks you're ideas are crazy, then that means you're probably on to something.

Also, just because there is a modder tag by my name doesn't mean my review means diddly squat. I meant what I said. I see a high potential in you because of your interests/talents mixed with your enthusiasm. I think when you find your niché, you're going to be killer.

I'm actually running out of tools to make (besides this Installer MAKER thingy and the OOTP2MVP Schedule Convertor). After those two tools, I'll probably start learning Photoshop to contribute more by making cyberfaces and stuff like that. (maybe even overlays and stadiums), although I found the overlay tutorial quite confusing.

Suggestion: find out what Tywiggins has no time/energy to do, then do those things. They'll pick you up over their shoulders while dancing and singing your name in the streets.

On a lighter note, what if someone comes behind you and makes an installer maker maker. :o)

Other suggestions from

http://www.eamods.com/index.php?name=Forum...=viewforum&f=66

"

Here are some ideas I’ve thought of and would like to hear your feedback, as well as gather some people to pledge to do stuff listed below or come up with your own ideas, and then I’d like to see modders begin to pair off to work together. For example, I could help some one do audio instead of expecting Hory to do every darn thing by himself, thus giving him his first grey hair and making things take longer. Just an example.

MVP: MLB 2008 Ideas:

Gather modders together to work on items listed below to work together as teams. For example, two to four uniform modders can work together as a group to work on item number three in which one or two modders can work on NL, and then another one or two guys can work on the AL.

1. New Heroes & Legends to unlocked (with permission from Total Classics). Unlock 80’s and 90’s players maybe. Tony Gwynn. Paul O’Niel. McGwire. Etc. etc. There could be new Heroes and Legends unis as well.

2. The Phrase Heroes & Legends could be renamed to something else.

3. New Fantasy Uniforms as unlockables.

4. New Concept All Star Game jerseys.

5. Pine tar on helmet or caps as part of an unlockable Uni

6. Pop up screens changed in the game: Example 1: The user tried to make a trade, but the “Trade has been rejected†window pops up. Things like that need to be changed. It could read: “Sorry, the owner will not go for that offer†or “We’ve had better offers. No.†or “We’re going to go in another directionâ€. The submit offer button you click on could read: “Send GM your offer via email†or “Get the GM on the phoneâ€

Example 2: Injury pop up windows could be: “Ken Griffey has been rushed to the hospital get an MRI done on his hamstring.â€

7. Fantasy stadiums as unlockables.

8. Pitching mini-game’s background to be changed to look like the pitcher is pitching from his backyard in their own private mound. So there could be a hen house, or the back of a home in the background and the pitcher is pitching off of their own private mound.

9. All grey haired portraits removed from the game for all generic players, and then replaced with sunglasses or black paint on the portrait and then if a user wants to add that to their player before a day game they can because it will be added via the facial hair files overlying on the generic face.

10. Cut scenes to be re reviewed so that things can be re ordered as to what comes on depending on what happens in the game. Ex: The pitcher throws a temper tantrum in disbelief when he gives up a homer and loses the game. What if that came on for giving up other runs, say, in the 5th inning when he is getting rocked. I already know these can’t be changed, but maybe we can change what gets shown and when in the game, not so much adding new cut scenes, just re ordering them.

11. Edit files like “OVER RATED!†so that the crowd doesn’t say that, they maybe heckle like the drunk-o mod I made. I’ve heard that a lot of people dislike the OVER RATED chant, and a lot of people would prefer that the crowd mods that I’ve done in the past have less of that drunk in the crowd, so that may be an easy solution. For the chant MVP! MVP! We could add NCAA fight songs or chants/cheers from the MVP NCAA 07 game. There should be no hex editing needed from my recolection and it would add a new feel to the game.

12. Your other feasible ideas, please list below.

13. Again, pledges would be needed now, so as to work on these things, and the idea was that no previews would be released to the public unless it was a “teaser†thread started by, say, Hory or Krawhitham, and only used to advertise. We’d keep all of our new mods in the Modder’s Den and critique each other’s work. We would also work in teams. Two or three working on audio mods, two or three working on new .loc files, two or three working on new Heroes and Legends, and so on.

14. Just got a new idea. Default All Star teams could be All Futures Team vs. Veteran team. So one team would have Griffey and A Rod while one team would have Matt Cain and Kazmir, etc. Uniforms could be made for them as well.

15. Change the types of injuries to some of the stranger reasons we hear about in real life.

16. Change the instructional screens that display where it is loading your game and it shows you how to slide, maybe take in game beautiful print screens as part of those screens to change. Not sure if that has ever been done.

I know this seems difficult and very time consuming so while the ideas were fresh I decided to post this now. Your ideas are welcomed. I’d like to see this come to pass, though. Have a great day. Mo.

"

Now go conquer.

That was a light hearted joke. Sorry. It would make the installer makers so you would not have to. Get it? :rocklicker:

OK. I get it :rocklicker:

Other ideas that Ty may be taking over, but you can probably talk to Ty and figure something out:

http://mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=27057.html

I'll try, although a lot of the requests are actually past my skill level.

Suggestion: find out what Tywiggins has no time/energy to do, then do those things. They'll pick you up over their shoulders while dancing and singing your name in the streets.

On a lighter note, what if someone comes behind you and makes an installer maker maker. :o)

Other suggestions from

http://www.eamods.com/index.php?name=Forum...=viewforum&f=66

"

"

Now go conquer.

I'm pretty sure that people have made screens for that before.

Archived