Installer MAKER Released!

compmaniac

Should I make an Installer MAKER thingy?  

14 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

• 4 weeks later...

I've released it, just don't know if people are using it.

http://mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=3876.html

And homer813, or others...anybody think of any other .big files that this installer maker should be able to install to?

Dude. It has been downloaded 40+ times. Clearly there are interested people, if they are downloading it. You do not need constant validation of your work. Let your work speak for itself. You do a good job....and people appreciate it.

I've released it, just don't know if people are using it.

And homer813, or others...anybody think of any other .big files that this installer maker should be able to install to?

i actually haven't looked to see if you have done it or not, but the only other one i would like to have is the initprgz.big file. i don't know if kraw is gonna add that option to his installer thingy or not, but if you could make a program to do this, that would be great. if you've already done it, even better and i'll stop asking :)

but dj is correct, people are downloading it, so there's interest. keep up the good work.

OK, I've released an Installer MAKER Thingy that can make installers for portraits, cyberfaces, backgrounds screens (including CTS), etc...

Just tell me which other .big files my installer MAKER should be able to create installers for...

Anybody interested in using this tool?

How about sushared.big. Or can it already do that. I'm having a hell of a time trying to get the license screen, i created with your AllScreensMaker, to work in the game. I keep getting a crash.

Also, with the current set up of the installer, can I update loading screens through the bkgnds.big file? Or do I still have to do it with EAGraph?

thanks

Well, with my installer, if you choose the bkgnds.big file, you can only create installers for files in bkgnds.big.

Does the license .fsh file open without errors in EAGraph?

I find it strange that it crashes...I might actually check it out myself.

And homer813, yeah, I could work on the initprgz.big. What files are in there?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey comp. I appreciate what you're trying to do since I'm an "end user," and I'm getting very confused reading that to put one item in the game you need, like 3 programs or something. To help me gauge how easy your work makes my modding of the game, tell me how many steps would be involved for me to do the following using your Installer Maker Thingy:

1) Add portraits to the game.

2) Change a team's uniform.

3) Change a team's name.

Three installers.

Darkslide820, thanks for your comments, actually, because I'm going to make an installer maker in the future that can install multiple things at once.

However, right now, since I haven't done that, if you have a mod you need to release with those three things, I'll make an installer for you. Just send me the files.

Oh no no no. I'm not releasing any mods. I'm just trying to get used to editing my own game so I have my own pics, unis, etc. I guess I should have asked something like, as someone who just got the game, how simple does your IMT make it to change/add the items I referred to above?

The installer maker that I made isn't really for the people who are modding their own games.

It's more for a modder who wants to release his product as a download.

If you are modding your own game, use EAGraph, kraw's installer thingy, biggui, eazip, etc. instead.

Archived