Thank you mvpmods

ronmexico

First off I would like to thank Trues for creating such an amazing site, not just for mvp modding, but for baseball and sports discussion in general.

I have never made it this close to the MLB season before wanting baseball. This site has allowed me to keep in touch with what is going on in MLB news and rumors so well. Usually during the offseason I am counting down the days starting around 120. Now that we are down to 40 days, I am finally starting to crave baseball, which will only be satisfied in 40 more days.

If you feel this way, this is the place to say it.

Once again, thank you mods, admins, forum nuts, etc.

Definately agree with all that!

I had always felt out of touch, getting the smattering of info available in the offseason in "regular" news sources... but this site has allowed me to track player movements and such so closely, that I'm "that freak that knows too much about baseball" at work.

To put it in persepective, I have a friend who is probably going to be drafted this year, and his roommate was drafted last year (Tampa Bay Devil Rays) - and they still have to ask questions like "Where did Jeff Weaver end up, anyway?"

HA! FOOLS!

Oh... waitaminute... now I've gone past that fine line from "sports enthusiast" into "internet nerd." :) lol.

Im sure that everyone here is greatful to Trues for creating such a great site. We all look up to him too, and want to come out with the next great mod.

I prefer not to think of it being 40 days til the season opener, but only 7 til the spring training games begin.

I also know and am a good friend of someone who odds are is going to be drafted.

I prefer not to think of it being 40 days til the season opener, but only 7 til the spring training games begin.
I prefer to look at it as 1 week until spring training. 1 is a much more satisfying number than 7.

But yes, ron, I agree with you 100%. For most of my life I've actually not been a sports fan at all, I actually kind of took pride in it. But I'm not sure how, but I suddenly got hooked on everything at all baseball. Now I'm a total Baseball Maniac (sorry, just had to put that in there) and I truly love the game of baseball - Red Smith said it best: "90 feet between bases is the closest man has come to perfection.)

Archived