Joe Carter No More (1994 Phillies Dynasty)

xcrunner4623

MLB_94PhiladelphiaPhillies.jpg

THIS TIME, THE PHILLIES WILL TRY TO FORGET ABOUT THIS...

joe_carter.jpg

AS THEY ENTER THE 1994 SEASON WITH NEW HOPES AND DREAMS

Last season, their hearts were crushed with a devastating loss in Game 6 of the World Series, but this season, hope springs eternal. The Phillies have not won a title in 13 years and counting, and for many of the Philadelphia fans, that is way too long. Can the Phightin's repeat as National League Champs or will they fall to the cellar as a one year wonder? Stay tuned and find out.

MLB_94PhiladelphiaPhillies.jpg

THIS TIME, THE PHILLIES WILL TRY TO FORGET ABOUT THIS...

joe_carter.jpg

AS THEY ENTER THE 1994 SEASON WITH NEW HOPES AND DREAMS

Last season, their hearts were crushed with a devastating loss in Game 6 of the World Series, but this season, hope springs eternal. The Phillies have not won a title in 13 years and counting, and for many of the Philadelphia fans, that is way too long. Can the Phightin's repeat as National League Champs or will they fall to the cellar as a one year wonder? Stay tuned and find out.

Being a Jays fan.. that was a great moment.. I still remember seeing that happen on TV and being in shock

Being a Jays fan.. that was a great moment.. I still remember seeing that happen on TV and being in shock

Good idea for a dynasty...should trade for Carter...LOL!

That pic of Joe brings a tear to my eye. Greatest night for me as a Jays fan ever.

SO I WENT TO MILE HIGH STADIUM...

And a pitcher's duel broke out. Shawn Boskie and David Nied matched each other pitch for pitch, not allowing a run to score.

Boskie went 7 innings for the Phils, giving up one hit while striking out two. Paul Quantrill came into the game in the eigth, locking the Rockies down for one inning, only allowing one hit and walking one.

Bruce Ruffin came into the game in the ninth for Colorado, and retired the first two batters. Darren Daulton took Ruffin's next pitch 372 feet over the right field wall for his first home run of the season.

mvp20052007031614253090kp3.jpg

Pete Incaviligia robs Ellis Burks of extra bases

mvp20052007031614314303zz0.jpg

Daulton's game winning home run

Box Score

PHILLIES LOSE HEART BREAKER TO REDS 2-1

The Philadelphia Phillies pounded out 12 hits, but only were able to score one run against the Reds. Kevin Mitchell hit his second home run of the year for the Reds, and later added a double to win the game in the ninth.

mvp20052007031914223454fr5.jpg

Dykstra watches Inkaviliah try to rob Mitchell's home run

Box Score

PHILLIES SHUT OUT REDS 4-0

The Philadelphia Phillies used timely hitting from Lenny Dykstra to propel the club to a 4-0 win. Dykstra hit his first home run of the year in the seventh to put the Phils ahead for the final margin.

"It's nice to get a hit like that," Dykstra said. "I was batting pretty poor, and my average is still down. Hopefully I can help out the club to get back to my near MVP form."

Danny Jackson pitched six strong innings, not allowing a run while striking out four.

mvp20052007032014044051ht4.jpg

Kevin Stocker drills Eddie Taubensee to score a run

mvp20052007032014051210cc0.jpg

Dykstra follows through on his home run

Box Score

I still have nightmares of the Carter homerun. This is great idea for a dynasty though. I will be following. I assume there will be no strike in your universe ;) good luck!

There have been rumblings of a strike, but hopefully the ownership can settle something. Just kidding. Thanks for following.

PHILLIES BEAT ROCKIES 6-1 IN HOME OPENER

The Phillies are starting to play their kind of baseball. Philadelphia pounded out 10 hits on the way to a 6-1 series opening win over Colorado.

Darren Daulton paced the Phils with three hits and three RBIs, and increased his average to .286. John Kruk made his return to the line-up after spending some time on the bench due to left handed pitchers. Kruk went 2 for 3 with 2 runs scored.

"We're playing some good ball right now," Kruk said. "Let's hope we can keep this thing rolling throughout the season."

Curt Schilling picked up his second win for the Phillies in as many starts.

mvp20052007032015413534tq0.jpg

Daulton coasts into second with a double as Kruk scores

Box Score

MVPSavReader

PHILS TURN ROCKS INTO PEBBLES WITH 4-0 WIN

The Phillies downed the visiting Rockies 4-0 in front of a sell out crowd. Philadelphia improves to 6-2 on the season.

Darren Daulton connected on his second home run of the season, knocking a 2-1 pitch off the upper deck facade in right. Lenny Dykstra started the scoring in the fifth when he laced a single just fair down the right field line.

Shawn Boskie (1-0) went 6 2/3 innings, striking out 3, while only giving up 2 hits.

mvp20052007032017254820dl9.jpg

Dykstra's single just fair

mvp20052007032017282117pc8.jpg

Daulton hits one, say, 377 feet away

Box Score

Archived