"Hat Trick" - A 1994 Toronto Blue Jays Dynasty

DJEagles

I am using the default Datfile, at All-Star Level for this Dynasty.

Blue Jays look to three-peat, after amazing finish to '93!

2yx2pmr.jpg

30l2ygz.jpg

The Toronto Blue Jays, the cream of the baseball crop in 1993, are looking to three-peat in 1994. With Major League Baseball and the Players Union agreeing on a new 5 year deal, the sky is the limit for these Jays to soar.

Although losing a few key components, the Jays look to have a strong enough team to make a run at Canadian baseball history in '94.

Can the Bluebirds reign supreme in '94? Or will this team implode from the pressures of staying on top? Time will tell....

We shall see how this ends. Way to copy my idea of a 1994 Dynasty. Just kidding.

I wasn't going to do a dynasty at all. Then I played a few games of this wonderful mod, and for the first time since I got MVP Baseball 2005, it has made me want to do a dynasty. This 1994 Mod by Hory is simply stunning. I have not played the TC mods, but I have heard how magnificent they are. This mod by Hory makes me want to go and download them all also.

Quick question for anyone who may be able to help me. I copied and pasted my original MVP 2005 folder, and installed the '94 mod. I now can't seem to get the Box Score extractor to work with it...any suggestions?

Jays tag McDowell for 5 Runs, Win 6-1 in home opener!

Associated Press

2jfy55i.jpg

Jays Starting Pitcher Warms Up before Game

2eoy0hy.jpg

White Sox Catcher, Mike Lavalliere launches for homerun of 1994.

47mkbdk.jpg

Joe Carter launches a three run homerun of of Jack McDowell to blow the game open.

42vd02g.jpg

Jays Rookie Carlos Delgado hits his first Major League Homerun

2rc3lw0.jpg

The Toronto Blue Jays started 1994 off like the finished '93, with their winning ways. Down 1-0 in the 6th, the Jays hit Jack McDowell for 4 runs, including a three run homerun off the bat of Joe Carter.

Jays rookie LF, Carlos Delgado hit, what he hopes, to be his first of many Major League homeruns in the 8th inning. A solo shot to left field.

Jays starting pichter Juan Guzman struck out 8, while giving up a run on 8 hits.

Player of the game: Juan Guzman: 8H - 8K - 1ER

Quote Of The Game: "It felt good to be out there, playing a meaningful game for the first time since our World Series win. I can't wait to see what this season brings...I still have plenty of room for more rings!" - Joe Carter

Quick question for anyone who may be able to help me. I copied and pasted my original MVP 2005 folder, and installed the '94 mod. I now can't seem to get the Box Score extractor to work with it...any suggestions?

Yea, BSE seems to crash for me as well in a dynasty using the default '2005' aged 1994 rosters.

However, it seems to work ok if your dynasty is using the 1994 aged rosters in conjunction with the Schedule Updater. (They're in the Extras/Year Changer folder)

edit - Actually bse seems to work perfectly fine now, I think I selected 'exhibition' by mistake earlier when it was actually a dynasty game

Jays get hammered by ChiSox, Lose White to injury.

2pq3qz5.jpg

455oqro.jpg

4hmmn1s.jpg29dwuie.jpg

Cedeno steals second, after pinch running for the injured Devon White.

42j1hdj.jpg

Ed Sprague slides into first base, trying to get something started for the Jays.

2chopkx.jpg

Injury:

47s360g.jpg

The Toronto Blue Jays went down to defeat, losing to the ChiSox 15-7. Ron Karkovice homered twice for the Sox, racking up 4 of the 15 runs. Things went from bad to worse, when Jays CF Devon White in the bottom of the fifth inning, fractured his handing while running out a fielder's choice. White collided with the ChiSox first basemen, which resulted in the injury.

Quote Of The Game: "Guess I won't be wearing my two World Series Rings for a few weeks..." - Devon White

The Next Ted Williams?

By Tom Verducci

331qb95.jpg

The swing is sweet. His ego is well in check, and he is as humble as he looks. His name is John Olerud, and he very well could be the next .400 hitter.

John Olerud was drafted by the New York Mets in the 27th round of the 1986 amateur draft, but did not sign. On June 5, 1989 he was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 3rd round of the 1989 amateur draft He signed on August 26, 1989. Since then, he has never looked back.

In the same year he signed his first pro contract, he was in the majors with Toronto. Having never played a minor league game, Johnny O, as his teammates call him, was sitting in the same dugout as major league players. He was platooned by Jays' manager Cito Gaston for the first few years of his career, until his breakout season last year, when he led the American League in batting average (.363), Runs Created (156), Intentional Walks (33), times on base (321), on-base percentage (.473), OPS (1.072), and doubles (54, also a career high), while posting career highs in home runs (24), RBI (107), runs (109), and hits (200).

Those stats are amazing for a players who less then five years before, was a stellar pitcher for Washington State University. During his University career, tragedy struck. Olerud suffered a brain aneurysm, and had a metal plate surgically placed in his head that was stronger than his skull. Because of this, and because of a promise to his dying mother, Olerud wears a batting helmet in the field as a precaution. The metal plate is so strong, he says, that getting hit in the head would be virtually pain free.

Like Ted Williams, Olerud is intelligent, classy, humble, and loves to play the game of baseball. There has not been a player in the majors who has hit .400 since Williams did it in 1941. Many major league players have picked Tony Gwynn of the Padres to accomplish that feat. In my humble opinion, John Olerud, of the Toronto Blue Jays, is on pace to hit .400. Maybe once, maybe twice, who knows. I wish more players were like him, just happy playing the game of baseball. Knowing full well, life can be taken from you at any time.

The best thing is that on the John Olerud card he is listed as a firstbaseman and as a left handed pitcher. If only you could use him as a pitcher DJ, that would be awesome. Although there are probably rules prohibiting pitchers from wearing a helmet on the mound... Who knows.

Archived