philliesphan18

Which Screenie Do You Like Best?  

8 members have voted

1. 1.

• The Ump In La-La Land
    • Greg Golson's Stag Leap
    • Cliff Whiffing a Hitter
    • Mike McCoy's Superman Impersonation

Ok - so first I gotta thank redsox for this idea. It was inspired by his Raj Aryan feature in his Red Sox dynasty (Check it out - Bringing Back the Boston Glory Days)

Okay - so now the props are over.

The Saga of the Holsinger Brothers follows the life and times of two backwoods Pennsylvania twins that, like any other boys growing up, aspired to pitch for their hometown team. Now they are getting their chance. It was announced yesterday that the two 18 year-old pitching prodegies have been signed to a three year contract by the Phillies and have been placed on the A Ball Clearwater Threshers. Although they are still very raw, they are widely considered to be excellent pitching prospects with great upside. However, the next few years in the minors will determine if they ever get the opportunity to strut their stuff in the majors.

Edit: -- I will post an update later

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you only going to be detailing your single A club? I guess I mean are

you going to provide stats and mathcups for your other levels in the

Phillies system, or just sim everything and give us details on the single A

club?

Sounds interesting regardless. Pics and grahic layouts are always nice to

look at. RedSox has a great system going, he's a good one to follow after.

I'm going to model it like it would be the journal of the two brothers. I am planning to just play the games where they start. I can post details about the major league ballclub too, but I was not planning on playing with them until the brothers reach that level, if they do.

I would like if you put the scoreboard of the game.

Anyway,great dynasty.

Yeah - Gil is still looking for a local newspaper to find the box scores for the game (see above journal post)

[in other words, I couldn't get Box Score Extractor to work right for my first two games, but it played in fine with the new to the area minor leaguer theme.]

Just for another hint of realism, pitchers aren't allowed to wear wristbands when they're pitching :D

Keep up the good work. Don't worry if no one's posting, I don't get much posting either but the views on your dynasty will help you get an idea. Try putting a poll up too.

Just for another hint of realism, pitchers aren't allowed to wear wristbands when they're pitching :D

Keep up the good work. Don't worry if no one's posting, I don't get much posting either but the views on your dynasty will help you get an idea. Try putting a poll up too.

Whoops - forgot about the wristband thingy - I'll update that before my next game. (The next one I post won't be updated seeing that I played that one earlier in the week too.)

Thanks D-Unit

Whoops - forgot to post this earlier.

My progression system (largely based on redsox's for Raj Aryan):

A Roster

Win: +4

Loss: -1

10 Innings Pitched: +2

5 BB: -1

5 K: +1

AA Roster

Win: +5

Loss: -1

15 Innings Pitched: +2

5 BB: -1

5 K: +1

AAA Roster

Win: +6

Loss: -2

15 Innings Pitched: +1

10 BB: -1

10 K: -1

MLB Roster

Win: +7

Loss: -3

15 Innings Pitched: +1

10 BB: -1

10 K: +1

- Adding a New Pitch: 50 Points (+8 Points for every pitch after that)

- Improving Career Potential: 100 Points

Any suggestions for modifying and perfecting this system are welcome.

It looks great. I love the tape effects, and the way you put in the Box Score too. Maybe have the brothers featured in an interview sometime in the future.

I'm likin that idea. But so far they haven't done enough to merit an interview. Maybe in the future. -- Thanks D-Unit

hmmm, this sort of "clipping effect" looks familiar, I wonder where yo got the idea... lol, just kidding. Seriously, it looks pretty good, it's a nice idea. Looking forward to more!
Actually I have no idea to what dynasty you're referring to! But thanks for the compliments.

Archived