Two very interesting year options

highlight_reel

I have two ideas: MVP 98 and MVP 01.

My reasons for those years are as follows:

MVP 98

1- Mark McGwire/Sammy Sosa's homerun success

2- Randy Johnson's 329 Ks

3- Curt Schilling's 15 complete games

4- Three teams with over 100 wins (Braves/Yankees/Astros)

5- Devil Rays/Diamondbacks' first season

And also, that was when baseball kinda got itself back on the map.

Now for 01:

MVP 01

1- 9/11

2- November world series

3- Ichiro/Pujols' first year

4- Bonds' 73 homers/Sosa's 64

5- Clemens going 20-3

6- Randy Johnson's 372 Ks

So, what do you all think? I could help with rosters for any one if need be.

Folks, we appreciate the suggestions for the years, but it's kinda getting out of hand now. There must be 3 or 4 new threads each day, and this is while there are 5 different projects currently in progress (TC7, TC64, TC78, and 1988). Maybe when that slows down a bit we can have a better discussion on years, but until then, maybe just consolidate all the requests into one thread.

I agree. And I'm also sorry I contributed to this with my 1951 suggestion. The Total Classics stuff comes first and foremost.

See, it's a weird balance. I love when people suggest possible years since it can act as inspiration. The '55 and '51 threads are both great since it gets people talking. But when people just start suggesting every year in history, it gets a little annoying.

I think the early-mid 50's is where we should go. The more I think about it, the more I like '51-'53.

See, it's a weird balance. I love when people suggest possible years since it can act as inspiration. The '55 and '51 threads are both great since it gets people talking. But when people just start suggesting every year in history, it gets a little annoying.

I think the early-mid 50's is where we should go. The more I think about it, the more I like '51-'53.

How about if we create mods for the years when the Yankees won the World Series? :lol:

This would serve a number of purposes:

1. It would cover the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 90's, and early 00's (i.e. 2000 and later).

2. It would make Y4L VERY happy. :razz:

As for the missing decades, tebjr is working on a 1988 season mod, so the 80's would be covered. We'd just need someone to work on mods for the 1900's and 1910's.

• 3 weeks later...

Folks, we appreciate the suggestions for the years, but it's kinda getting out of hand now. There must be 3 or 4 new threads each day, and this is while there are 5 different projects currently in progress (TC7, TC64, TC78, and 1988). Maybe when that slows down a bit we can have a better discussion on years, but until then, maybe just consolidate all the requests into one thread.

yeah but highlight_reel has the skills to help/create the rosters. It is not like most people just begging for a mod when they can not help at all

I think he gave up because "not enough people would want to use it"

which I guess is true, once every schedule from 1948 has been converted...

But yea, if anyone gives the time and effort to make specific year roster, I'm more than happy to convert a schedule for them manually.

Archived