Best Major League debuts?

TwentySeven

• 2 weeks later...

man that was sick, I remember I had been gone all that day and never even heard that the Cubs had called him up. I walk into a restaurant and ask them to change the channel to WGN, I see that Houston has no runs in the 7th, and I was wondering where this kid even came from. I believe they called him up from AA for that day.

Yeah, O'Malley was here in West Tenn when he was called up. He definitely had a great debut.

this might not count as a debut idk but i think Rhondell white's First ever At Bat and first ever major league pitch resulted in a grand slam off of one Mr Randy Jhonson (you know back when he was hard to hit)

I was going to say Roy Halladay but nah, it was his 2nd career start when he was one out away from a no hitter, could have had a perfect game too if it wasn't for a error by felipe crespo.

And Jesse Litsch sure had a good debut, might didn't strike out many but sure got a lot of groundout balls so it was pretty easy night for him. One inning away from a shutout game.

this might not count as a debut idk but i think Rhondell white's First ever At Bat and first ever major league pitch resulted in a grand slam off of one Mr Randy Jhonson (you know back when he was hard to hit)

Actually this happened just last season, so I know that that is impossible. Last season, Kevin Kouzmanoff hit a grand slam in the first pitch of his first at-bat, the first time that ever happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Billy Rohr a 21 year old Lefty who pitched for the Boston RedSox. Debut game was in 1967 he was on the road against the NY Yankees and loses a no hitter in the bottom of the ninth with 2 outs. Ends up with a 1 hitter, CG, Win, and a shutout.

Ok, Billy Rohr a 21 year old Lefty who pitched for the Boston RedSox. Debut game was in 1967 he was on the road against the NY Yankees and loses a no hitter in the bottom of the ninth with 2 outs. Ends up with a 1 hitter, CG, Win, and a shutout.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived