Best Major League debuts?

TwentySeven

Ryan O'Malley last year: @Hou: W, 8 IP, 0 ER, 5 H, 2 K

man that was sick, I remember I had been gone all that day and never even heard that the Cubs had called him up. I walk into a restaurant and ask them to change the channel to WGN, I see that Houston has no runs in the 7th, and I was wondering where this kid even came from. I believe they called him up from AA for that day.

Hey, Cubs fans, have we forgotten Tuffy Rhodes and his 3 home runs in his first game in 1994? It was on opening day and I am pretty sure it was

He didn't do much else in MLB, but he is called the greatest foreign player to play in Japan. He won 4 home run titles over there. He hit 360 homers in 10 years in Japan.

Hey, Cubs fans, have we forgotten Tuffy Rhodes and his 3 home runs in his first game in 1994? It was on opening day and I am pretty sure it was

He didn't do much else in MLB, but he is called the greatest foreign player to play in Japan. He won 4 home run titles over there. He hit 360 homers in 10 years in Japan.

That wasn't his debut, though. It wasn't even his first... or second year in the bigs.

• 2 weeks later...

Clippard had a pretty nice debut last night. I was kind of upset to see my Mets get baffled by a rookie. The only thing that might catch up to Clippard is his falling off to the different sides of the mound. Batters will soon pick up on it.

Archived