Gyroball

superciuc

There is no such thing as a gyro ball. Its a myth like the rising fastball.

I'm not talking if it's a myth or not, i'm just letting you know what type of pitch is.

The rising fastball is impossible to pitch, but the gyroball is possible to pitch.

Infact, somebody pitch the gyroball.

It's a really fast above average changeup, maybe it's thrown like a changeup, meaning there's no gyroball. Matsuzaka wins because he throws 95 and has a great slider which he controls velocity on. Not because of a boogie-man pitch.

Almost as much of a myth as saying no-one throws 2-seam fastballs in Japan, you'd think a ML re-tread brought one over by now right?

Ok, my opinion is it exists, just misunderstood. I think it's a slider in essence that doesn't move, to be more specific, it's got the rotation of a slider, and the speed of a slower fastball. (Such as a drop from 90 to 87) That is why it is supposedly easier to throw for a sidearmer, I have tinkered, and to be honest I threw something to the extent of what I described before, because it looks like a slider to the hitter, he waits back, but it only comes in a couple mph slower, so they react late on it and can't hit it.

Archived