• Monte Irvin - Giants
    • George Foster - Reds
    • Ralph Kiner - Pirates
    • Joe Medwick - Cardinals
    • Stan Musial - Cardinals
    • Tim Raines - Expos
    • Zack Wheat - Dodgers
    • Billy Williams - Cubs

People, Barry Bonds was the best LF in history before he became ridiculous in the late 90s. Lou Brock had a freaking .293 .343 .410 career line. Bonds would've killed himself if he had a season like that.

Bonds is a career .299 .444 .609 hitter, with a 183 OPS+. He has 500 SBs, 745 homers, and almost 2500 walks. 2500 walks. Even if he was cheating for 5 years, no other cheater in the league came close to matching what he could do. He is an unbelievable, once-in-a-generation talent.

If you want speed, which is Brock's only talent, pick Bonds early in his career. if you want power and average, which is where Musial comes in, pick Bonds from any year in his career.

In 1993 he hit .336 .458 .677 with 46 homers and 29 SBs. jesus christ.

Honestly, I forgot all about Bonds. I was going off a list I made up and was on automatic.

But, just my saying that he should be on the roster - that's a write in vote!

So as of now, Bonds has 5 write-in's....

...and no, if the same person mentions a player more than once it is not counted as another vote. Only the first one counts.

Bonds... Bonds... Bonds... Bonds. There is really no other answer here. He isn't just the best LF, he is a legit contender for the best player ever. IMO he is the greatest player ever if you aren't factoring in for personality and/or counting him as using steroids.

Archived