PadSquad - A 2007 Padres Dynasty

stEdfuNk

[align=center]IntroHeader.jpg[/align]

This dynasty will all be a learning process for me, so don't expect something amazing, I'm new to both photoshop and MVP, I haven't been using either for more than a few weeks. If something looks like I stole from your dynasty I apologize, I've been reading a lot and it's inevitable that some ideas get stuck in my head and I use them, take it as a compliment that it was so good, it stuck in my head. Most importantly, please enjoy.

Mod: MVP 07 w/ Patch #2

Difficulty: Pro (Note: I've only been playing for about 2 weeks)

Sliders: freudianslip (Can be found here)

Rosters: Default with mod

Overlay: Trues' ESPN

Pitching Cursor: ON

Standings & league/team leaders will be posted every 10 games.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[align=center]Game 1 of 162 - @ Giants[/align]

[align=center]Padres ruin Giants' home opener; Peavy begins season with complete game[/align]

[align=center]PGR-atSF1.jpg[/align]

SAN FRANSISCO -- The game started out with the first inning pretty motionless, in the top of the 2nd however, the padres made some noise in the form of a solo shot from Marcus Giles to get on the board early in the game. The top of the 3rd inning saw an usual hit, as a Padre got a hit into deep right-center field to make it a triple, What's so weird about this? It was non-other than Jake Peavy who was able to connect for a triple, however nothing happened of it as the side was retired before he could get a chance to get another 90 feet. The bottom of the 3rd saw the Giants tie it up in the form of a solo shot at the hands of the San Francisco slugger, Barry Bonds. Unfortunately the lead wouldn't last as the next inning opened up with Khalil Greene continuing the solo shot trend putting the friars back up 2-1. The 5th remained quiet, and it seemed as the 6th was going to continue quiet for the padres as they already had 2 outs on their site, but back-to-back singles were allowed, and then brought in by a 3-run shot by the catcher Josh Bard. The top of the seventh saw Marcus Giles connect for the 4th home run of the night (his second) to bring in Mike Cameron. The Giants refused to go quiet in their home opener as they tried to rally back, though unsuccessfully, and get 4 runs in the last 2 innings, but the Padres would have none of it, and Jake Peavy pitched the complete game to a 9-5 Padre victory.

[align=center]Game1-atSF-Score.jpg[/align]

[align=center]SD @ SF - April 3, 2007 - BOXSCORES[/align]

I apologize for it not being as graphic intense as some other ones :] I'll be working at it throughout this dynasty though, 162 games is a long way to go, I'm sure I'll learn something in that time.

Also - please throw out any suggestions/criticism, I'll take anything that'll help make this better.

[align=center]Game 2 of 162 - @ Giants[/align]

[align=center]Giants give hometown their first home win[/align]

[align=center]PGR-atSF2.jpg[/align]

SAN FRANSISCO -- The Giants came into this game looking to get their first tally in the win column, hoping it'd be sooner rather than later to get this season going. The top of the first went by pretty fast with a 1-2-3 inning. The bottom of the first started out with Vizquel flying out but the giants responded with 4 consecutive singles. In the midst of the singles, Barry bonds lined a ball to center field, Winn tested the arm of Mike Cameron and rounded 3rd trying to score, Mike Cameron fired a ball to home plate and got Winn out at the plate on a play that would be argued by the Giants' manager. With the bases loaded in the bottom of the first Rich Aurilia got a hold of a slider and put it in the stands for a grand slam. The inning ended with Mark Sweeney (who is substituting for Dave Roberts who got injured in last night's game) flying out. The padres started out the 2nd inning with Adrian Gonzalez answering the critics, after going 0-5 on an opening day Padre victory, and launched a solo shot into the bay. The next 3 batters went down unable to get anything started. The next innings went scoreless until Jose Cruz would open up the top of the 6th with a solo shot. Mike Cameron followed with a double and the Padres now stood within 2 runs of tying with a man on 2nd and no outs, but nothing came of it as Cain would get the next 2 batters to fly out, and strike out Gonzalez. The Giants did not want this game to be close as they got 3 runs in the bottom half of that frame and 4 more in the next 2 innings. The Padres couldn't manage to get anything going with the exception of 1 run in the top of the 9th.

[align=center]Game2-atSF-Score.jpg[/align]

[align=center]SD @ SF - April 4, 2007 - BOXSCORES[/align]

Please excuse any spelling mistake, it's 12:30AM! :]

Also, is the screenshot of the score from the first game easier to read than the one in the 2nd game? Now that I look at it, it seems like more of a hassle to look for the "R" column to look for the score

[align=center]Game 3 of 162 - @ Giants[/align]

[align=center]Padres able to take the first series of the season[/align]

[align=center]PostGame-Game3-atSF.jpg[/align]

SAN FRANSISCO -- The first inning ended without anything special happening, only 1 hit per team. The Giants gave the crowd something to cheer about when Rich Aurilia came through again with a 2 run HR in the bottom of the 2nd to get the Giants ahead on the board early. Fearing of what happened the night before occuring again, the Padres heated up their bats as the 3rd inning was starting. The 3rd inning started off well with a single by Cruz and a sacrifice bunt by Wells. Cruz was brought home when Mike Cameron went yard to tie up the game. The next batter was Marcus Giles who managed to get on base and was now the go ahead run. Adrian Gonzalez was able to connect for the 2nd home run of the inning and put the friars ahead 4-2. The Giants were unable to put anything together the rest of the game, David Wells pitched the complete game and only allowed 2 more hits after that 2 run, 2nd inning. Brian Giles and Khalil Greene were able to score in for the friars thought as the Padres wrapped up in San Francisco with a 6-2 win, and the series. Next up the Padres will head back to San Diego for their home opener vs the 1-2 Rockies.

[align=center]Score-Game3-atSF.jpg[/align]

[align=center]SD @ SF - April 5, 2007 - BOXSCORES[/align]

[align=center]Colorado Rockies @ San Diego Padres - Series tied 0-0[/align]

[align=center]Record-Game4-COL.jpg

PreGame-Game4-COL.jpg[/align]

SAN DIEGO -- Padres are coming in winning 2 of 3 in San Francisco and looking to give the fans a win for their home opener. Rockies are coming in with only 1 win vs the Arizona Diamondbacks, though they did win the last game of that series and had a day off yesterday, so maybe that's what they need to take this one away from the friars.

[align=center]Game 4 of 162 - Rockies[/align]

[align=center]Friars win home opener; Hoffman makes first appearance[/align]

[align=center]PostGame-Game4-COL.jpg

PostGameScoreboard-Game4-COL.jpg[/align]

SAN DIEGO -- The Padres did not hesitate to start the game with a lead after giving the other team the lead in their last 2 games. Adrian Gonzales took it into his own hands with a 2 run blast in the bottom of the 1st inning. The Rockies couldn't reply their next at bat stranding 2 on the bases. In the bottom of the 2nd, the Rockies looked like they were in trouble again as the Padres had the bases loaded with no outs but Hensley grounded into a double play and Cruz popped out to end the inning. The Rockies tried to pull something together in the top of the 3rd, but again managed nothing more than leaving 2 men on base. The Friars didn't hesitate to put the game out of reach for the Rockies as they scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 4th with Hensley helping his own cause in the form of a 2RBI double and then scoring on a Mike Cameron base hit. The 5th inning saw Gonzalez connect for his 2nd home run of the night. With the score at 7-2 in favor of the Padres, the Rockies made some noise in the top of the 7th when they strung together 3 consecutive singles and a double by Iannetta to bring the game back in reach at 7-5. Unfortunately for the Rockies, they remained quiet in the 8th and 9th and the Padres took the game 8-5 after the Padres scored a run in the top of the 8th. Also, Trevor Hoffman made his first appearance of the season and locked down the Rockies to record his first save of the season as well.

[align=center]Score-Game4-COL.jpg[/align]

[align=center]SD @ COL - April 6, 2007 - BOXSCORES[/align]

Archived