stEdfuNk

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[align=center]Game 5 of 162 - Rockies[/align]

[align=center]Padres wake up late; Late rally not enough[/align]

[align=center]PostGame-Game5-COL.jpg

PostGameScoreboard-Game5-COL.jpg[/align]

SAN DIEGO -- The game started bad for the Friars tonight as the Rockies jumped ahead with a 3-0 in the top of the 1st, this game by a triple that was brought in by a sacrifice fly, and a 2 run show by Todd Helton. Mike Cameron responded with home runs in the bottom of the 1st and 3rd but that's all the Padres could get in the first 3 innings. The Rockies were really pulling ahead with a run in the fourth, and 5 runs in the 5th inning, though it wasn't all pitching. The Padres were asleep the first half of this game, there was bad fielding, bad hitting, bad throwing, the padres couldn't pull it together, there was something wrong. It took the padres till the 6th inning to wake up, where they were showing amazing defense and didn't allow a run the last 4 innings. The Padres new found fire might be enough to let them take the lead in this game, and maybe win it, but did they wake up too late? The bottom of the 6th saw Josh Bard hit a 3 run show cutting the lead 9-6 but their 6th inning rally ended there. The Padres kept quiet in the 7th inning and didn't get something started until Paul McAnulty came in to pinch hit and hit an off-the-wall double to get Mike Cameron to 3rd base. There was already 2 outs, with Jose Cruz coming up at 1-4 in the game, but Jose Cruz pulled through and hit a 2RBI single to put the padres at 9-8. Mike Cameron came up to the plate with 2 home runs in the game, and Jose Cruz on first. A home run would put the padres ahead 10-9 in the 8th inning, but Mike Cameron grounded out to end the inning. The top of the 9th saw nothing for the Rockies, and Fuentes came in for the save sending the Padres back to their dugout in a 1-2-3 inning.

[align=center]Score-Game5-COL.jpg[/align]

[align=center]SD @ COL - April 7, 2007 - BOXSCORES[/align]

[align=center]Game 6 of 162 - Rockies[/align]

[align=center]Help? Peavy doesn't need it; Peavy completes his 2nd game[/align]

[align=center]PostGame-Game6-COL.jpg

PostGameScoreboard-Game6-COL.jpg[/align]

SAN DIEGO -- This game would be important for the Rockies so they could get even at 3-3, you never want to start out the season with a bad record. The game started out with the Rockies taking the lead in the top of the 2nd, something the Padres hate because they never seem to be able to score first. One thing the Padres do seem to do well is respond quickly, this was shown once again today as Branyan connected for a 2 run home run in the 2nd giving the padres a 2-1 lead. The Rockies didn't hesitate to respond, some help came from Peavy as he beaned Iannetta and then gave up 2 consecutive singles. Helton came up and hit a bases-clearing double to bring in 3 runs, giving the Rockies a 4-2 lead. In the bottom of the frame, Jose Cruz reached a base followed by Cameron and M. Giles going back-to-back to put the padres back on top 5-4. The 4th inning was quiet, and it seemed as the 5th inning would be too until Brian Giles came to the plate, and blasted a 2 out 3 run home run. Branyan joined Brian Giles by going Back-to-Back (the 2nd time the Padres went back-to-back in the game) for his 2nd homer of the day. This then put the Padres up 9-4, a pretty comfortable lead. The 6th inning didn't see anything from either team, but the 7th did. The Rockies almost got something going in the 7th with 2 consecutive doubles, but a ground out, a sacrifice fly gave them 2 outs, and they weren't able to do anything with 2 outs as Helton was struck out to end the inning. Brian Giles connecting for his 2nd dinger of the nigth in the 8th inning, but the Rockies couldn't do anything else. Peavy pitched the 9th inning, giving him his 2nd win out of as many appearances, also giving him 18 innings pitched, leading the league.

[align=center]Score-Game6-COL.jpg[/align]

[align=center]SD @ COL - April 8, 2007 - BOXSCORES[/align]

Ugh, the first game I get a change to play again, and the game crashes at the Giants defensive screen, so I had to skip through it so I couldn't get a screen shot, and then at the end of the game I realized I didnt have fraps running, and I was so mad that I just kinda skipped through it and I forgot to run box score extractor, anyways it's not a good way to start back up, I'll post the scores in a few though

[align=center]Game 7 of 162 - Giants[/align]

[align=center]Padres win despite losing last pitcher encounter[/align]

I apologize for no screenshots, and nothing it was just some bad luck, I forgot to run fraps, and then when I realized it I was so angry I just skipped through all the menus and forgot to run the box score extractor, the picture below is just an edited html that i took a screenshot of to show the board

[align=center]Score-Game7-SF.jpg[/align]

[align=center]SD @ COL - April 8, 2007 - BOXSCORES NOT AVAILABLE[/align]

I've already played this game, and the next 2, and I got annoyed by the high scoring games (Blowouts for either direction, always upper teen hits, or double digit scoring games...) So I downloaded kumala's datafile which the sliders i got for pro were meant to be used for, and I've been having like 5-8 hit games with 2-4 run games... and although I'm sure my player batting averages will dip, I really enjoy it.. so 3 more games and no more high stat games lol

[align=center]Game 8 of 162 - Giants[/align]

[align=center]Padres bullpen almost gives in[/align]

[align=center]PostGame-Game8-SF.jpg

PostGameScoreboard-Game8-SF.jpg[/align]

SAN DIEGO -- Padres come in on a little streak, trying their hardest to keep up with the dodgers at the beginning of the season. The Giants on the other hand are taking a nap in the cellar of the same division, with a 1-6 record, they NEED to start winning soon. Things started off well for the Padres putting together a 4 run 1st inning thanks to a 3 run homer by Marcus Giles, followed later in the inning by a solo shot for Greene. The Giants however were determined to put up a fight, manufacturing 4 runs in the top of the second, with some errors for the Padres. The bottom of the second started off well with Bard doubling, but what was less expect was wells helping himself out with a double as well scoring in Bard and later scoring on a single by Cameron. The rest of the ball game was all friars with a homer from Giles in the 3rd and Branyan going deep for 2 runs in the 5th. Solo shots by Cameron in the 6th and Greene (2nd of night) in the 7th seemed to seal the deal for the padres going into the 8th with a 12-7 lead, wrong. The Giants 4 consecutive base hits would send in a run and leave the bases loaded with 1 out and Molina took his bat and sent a rocket into left field for bring the game within a run. Things looked like trouble as the Giants got 2 more hits, but they were shut down and the 8th was scoreless for the Padres. Going into the top of the 9th, the Padres brought out their closer Trevor Hoffman who had only had 1 previous appearance all season. He gave up 2 singles and found himself in a little trouble, but gave himself some confidence by one. The next batter hit a shot into center, and the tying round rounded 3rd, Mike Cameron fired the ball, the ball and the runner racing towards the plate, OUT. 2 outs now with a man on base, next batter Molina. Molina had hit a grand slam the previous inning but Hoffman went for it and it payed off, he struck out Molina, earning his 2nd save.

[align=center]Score-Game8-SF.jpg[/align]

[align=center]SD @ SF - April 10, 2007 - BOXSCORES[/align]

[align=center]Game 9 of 162 - Giants[/align]

[align=center]Hensley cracks just before end[/align]

[align=center]PostGame-Game9-SF.jpg

PostGameScoreboard-Game9-SF.jpg[/align]

SAN DIEGO -- The Giants need to start winning games, and their only win of the season so far has been against the Padres. For the first time a Padre game started off slow, a couple of hits in the first few innings, but no runs. The scoreless game was put to an end when Kevin Kouzmanoff (subbing for Bryanyan who needed a day off) blasted a 2 run homer and then Jose Cruz got an RBI single scoring in Clay Hensley. The next 2 innings were scoreless until Clay Hensley just crashed, he was looking good until the Giants got a few hits and a 2 run homer by Bonds put them ahead 4-3. The Padres lacked the bats to come back from that 1 run deficit and Benitez made his first appearance and successfully grabbed the save giving the giants their 2nd win of the season.

[align=center]Score-Game9-SF.jpg[/align]

[align=center]SD @ SF - April 11, 2007 - BOXSCORES[/align]

Archived