A glimpse of coming attractions (1956 season mod)

Jim825

Progress continues on the 1956 season mod, so for those who might be interested, I thought I'd give a small glimpse of what's coming down the road. I don't have an estimate yet of when it will be released, however, I am making steady progress. As always, I do most of my development (but not my gaming) on a laptop with on-board graphics, so the finished product always looks nicer than the pictures I post.

Wow-unbelievable, this will be fantastic. As someone who has played in excess of 1500 classic dynasty games-I am looking forward to this. Will you have a 154 game schedule?

Unfortunately a dynasty will hang with a 154-game mlb schedule, so it is going to be a 162 game schedule (23 games vs 6 teams, 24 vs 1 team)

However when I make the schedule I'll make the original 154 game schedule as well which Jim could include for 'expert' users who then can use tywiggins' short season projector to complete their season.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm continuing to make good progress on the mod. Most of the major work is done (rosters, uniforms, faces, audios, stadiums, menu & loading screens, jukebox music, batter walkup music).

The schedule is just about done and it will then just be a matter of running some sims to verify player and team ratings and making tweaks where necessary. I also need a few stadium audios, but if those don't get done, it won't hold up the mod, as I know how to remove the audios.

Here are a few more screenshots to whet your appetite:

While I've been working on this, I've also been collecting files for an upcoming update to the 1978 mod. That update will include new faces, audios, batter walkup music and some 1978 stadiums created just for the mod (and not available anywhere else).

Stay tuned!

Archived