MVP 1994 2.0 Patch Released!

Hory

Since MVP 94 was released in March, I've been continuously compiling a patch

so far this is what is included -

Updated Roster with 220 additional real players, to make over 1600 real players in the game.

Every player who made a major league appearance in 1994 is now in the rosters, AAA level teams are complete with 25 'real' players for several teams now.

As well as undreds of updates/corrections/re-ratings/appearance changes for existing players

Rewritten schedule for AA so the 2 farm clubs of TB & Arizona do not play.

(A & AAA schedules still to be done)

Realigned divisions for minor leagues to be as close to reality as possible. (Still not possible to re-create the AAA American Association in-game)

83 New or Improved Cyberfaces (mostly by homer)

360 New or Improved Portraits

A few logos and a few improved uniforms

Stadiums -

Sean O & Pirate's Oakland Alameda Coliseum

In Progress

Yankee Stadium (90% complete)

Wrigley Field (30% complete)

Astrodome (40% complete)

Kauffman Stadium (25% complete)

Jacobs Field (40% complete)

Ballpark in Arlington (10% complete)

As you can see I have a habit of starting parks and yet am still to complete one. Any source pictures to help with completing these parks would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I am very keen to do other 1994 parks, if good source images canbe found.

So what I want to know is,

A) Were there any player issues in MVP 94 that people noticed?, e.g player skin tone, batter stances etc etc

I may have already fixed it but it would be good to know about it now rather than after the patch is released.

and

B) Is anyone really waiting for this? If not, I'll just release it when I'm sick of modding stadiums, which could take months (or days). But if there is a real want for this, I'll compile what I've got and release it soon while baseball is still being played.

Thanks guys, It's good to know I'm not the only one who plays this mod a lot.

My aim with this mod is to make it as complete and true to life as possible, amazingly this thing has been two years in development now and I'm still not completely satisfied with it.

But then that's one of the great things about making a classic mod, it's frozen in time ,and continuous updating to match reality is not needed like for modern mods.

Anyway, I will try and get a patch made up for around the end of the month and please, anyone who has any further corrections or suggestions for this mod, please post them.

Is Pirate's Stadium Tutorial the best guide available?

yes and no, yes because it teaches you things that you need to know about extracting and converting o ord & orl files

and also, no because zmod is now the best and easiest way to mod stadiums - there was no MVP compatible plugin for zmod back when Pirate wrote the tutorial so it had to be oedit or nothing :(

How I learned to mod stadiums was by reading Pirate's tutorial, just learning how to do simple stuff like swap ads out, while avoiding anything to do with oedit. Then when that wasn't enough, I started around with zmod after reading rolie's Dodger Stadium thread,

I think rolie has some more zmod tutorials planned in the future as well

• 4 months later...

There is something wrong with the installer and the portraits in the patch did not install.

I will update the entire patch to fix this shortly.

There is a fixed installer here if you have already downloaded the patch.

Archived