Could an Admin help me out?

zneal89

Hey everyone, happy holidays.

I've been so busy lately that I haven't been able to post so much as I did during the season. So of you know me, some not so much. But while I was at college I updated my contact information and AIM sn to ZAN71789.

Any chance an admin could change my name to ZAN71789 ?

I don't want to lose post count or create a new account, because that would be pointless...

-ZAN

Yeah, that was a few months back, ty.

I haven't been posting for a while here anyways, but I know that the admins don't want us signing up multiple times, anyways....

Yeah, my brother did mess me up that time, but this time I would appreciate it if someone could help me out, as I have an "OCD-ish" personality about things. I hate having e-mail, s/n's, and forums names that are different from eachother....

-ZAN

Alrighty, I'll see if maybe I tried to use that name a while back...If I recall, I may have registered for that name, saw the terms of agreement about multiple personas, and decided against it....

f I did, is there a way to manually delete it the old log in, or is that an Admin's duty?

Alrighty, I'll see if maybe I tried to use that name a while back...If I recall, I may have registered for that name, saw the terms of agreement about multiple personas, and decided against it....

f I did, is there a way to manually delete it the old log in, or is that an Admin's duty?

NO.

Wow, Y4L, just wow.

It's not like I was trying to spam the boards or anything...If anything, I was trying to be polite....Yeah, I wanted my name to be changed. Yeah, I obviously wanted to use the name I was requesting, but had already registered it. Yeah, I wanted to delete the old name so as not to break the Terms of Agreement for the site. It's fine that I can't change my name....not like it's the end of the world....

I've been around the site and have always been a "reader" of the boards, and I would say that you "come off" rude in about 75% of your posts Y4L. Yes, you are an admin, but I shouldn't have to be intimidated by an old school Yankees avatar, nor will I ever be....I'm sure many share my sentiment, but aren't willing to admit it....

I've been posting since I joined. I'm sure 230+ posts prove I'm not here to spam, or do anything malicious in conduct.....all I wanted was my name changed....so lets not play James Bond, Y4L....

I didn't realize Y4L was posting at 6:13, when I posted at 6:15 pm CST (or whatever time zone), thus I wouldn't have known he posted his "I know a way around it, but I won't bother" post until I had already posted asking if it were possible to delete the old log in so I could get this name changed....

My apologies....but it's not like I am completely in the wrong. I didn't know Y4L was posting a reply at the same time I was....

thats fine. I just hate how everyone makes Y4L out to be a heavy. Yeah he gets frustrated but who doesn't. He is only human and just because he is an admin doesn't mean he has to get criticized for getting a little steamed. Do you know how much he has to go through outside this site. I don't but i can only assume its alot. This site is his relief i'm assuming and do you really think he wants to come on here and get aggravated again.

Another thing i noticed is alot of people saying he is biased. Yeah he is a yankee fan and yeah they aren't that smart ( :lol: ) but once you look past his yankee obsession(worst choice in his life) he is a great guy. He has always been nice to me and im a god damn red sox fan.

Touche...

I agree about many of your points, and disagree about others, but isn't that the point of a message board...

I'm sure he has more things to worry about than changing my name?

Maybe those cheaters: Clemens and Pettitte? ;) (That's not necesarilly my stance. I'm just giving a hard time).

Look zneal, I am not going to comment about anything you said to me in this thread because I don't wish to make an issue out of this. I am just going to explain to you why I thought it was fishy from how I see it.

You said you wanted ZAN71789 as your user name. That's fine. But that name already has been taken by someone. The ZAN71789 was created just over two months ago (on October 9th) and I can not tell if you made that account on your own and then decided not to use it because you remembered that it was against the rules or that it was your brother that made that account as you have stated. Either way, that ZAN71789 account has you written all over it.

Keeping that in mind, after re-reading that thread that tywiggins brought to our attention, it makes this all the more confusing.

In that other thread you said it was your brother who wanted your name changed from zneal89 to zneal71789. Then you came back on the next day and said it really was your brother who asked for that name change and then you asked if you could have your name changed back to zneal89. This happened on September 17th.

Then a few weeks later on October 9th the account ZAN71789 is created, most likely by you and not your brother. And now, you let some time pass and you want to use that ZAN71789 account as your primary account here because you said yourself you "did not want to lose your post count." That right there tells me you made that ZAN71789 account. That's why I didn't change your name like you asked. I'm not trying to be a James Bond like you said, but I do use my head and it was obvious to me what you did and what you tried to do here.

Archived