Billy Beane has won 1 playoff series

HardcoreLegend

Personal insults? Is that all you can do? I'm getting "upset" not because you don't like stats, but that you refuse to acknowledge that they are simply a source of enjoyment for some people that isn't doing anything bad to the game. Like I said, I don't need you to like it, just respect it, and you haven't. That's all I'm asking.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is a financial guy who looks for undervalued pieces in the game and gets those pieces for his team. You can love baseball, and you can love everything surrounding the game that you choose to close your eyes to. If you wish.

What method did Schuerholz use to make his lopsided trades? I mean, him with his pitching coach (Mazzone) had a deal with Satan for like 14 straight years, then it ended. Wasn't Schuerholz also at the helm when the Royals won the 85 world series?

Despite the fact the Braves had little to show for their dominance, Schuerholz might go down as the greatest GM ever, no numbers required!

Enjoy the sand, careful getting it in your ears.

You still haven't provided anything that a reasonable person would consider evidence, or the supposed link between Ortiz and his supplier. And 2 of your 3 reasons were absolutely laughable, the type that only the weakest fanboy could possibly deem sufficient.

It makes exactly as much sense as me saying Albert Pujols is absolutely on steroids because he's Dominican.

You still haven't provided anything that a reasonable person would consider evidence, or the supposed link between Ortiz and his supplier. And 2 of your 3 reasons were absolutely laughable, the type that only the weakest fanboy could possibly deem sufficient.

Ha, whatever you say. 'Evidence'? Did you think I ran some sort of investigation? Let's simplify this: David Arias' trainer was busted in 2001 for smuggling steroids accross the border. He is still David Arias' trainer. You make whatever connections you want from that.

It makes exactly as much sense as me saying Albert Pujols is absolutely on steroids because he's Dominican.

That generalization does not equate. I never said anything about Ortiz being on steroids because of his nationality. I referenced the fact that his personal trainer was smuggling steroids across the border.

Ha, whatever you say. 'Evidence'? Did you think I ran some sort of investigation? Let's simplify this: David Arias' trainer was busted in 2001 for smuggling steroids accross the border. He is still David Arias' trainer. You make whatever connections you want from that.

And yet, you have 0 reason to believe that he is Ortiz's trainer, apart from a single line from an espn report. You can't find any other mention of him being Ortiz's trainer, or a picture of them together, or them ever having talked to each other.

So, essentially, you're saying that you believe anything that espn.com and a man busted for steroids says. I can say I trained David Ortiz, and that carries about as much weight as that article.

It's 2007, there's no reason at all to hold such ludicrous views.

MLB.com, not that Sean will believe this one either:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Angel in the dugout: He is an Angel from the Dominican Republic, but is known across the league simply as "Nao."

Angel Presinal Done is the strength and conditioning coach for the Dominican Republic team in the World Baseball Classic and is considered the best in his field in his country. His nickname comes from the sound made by the last three letters of his second to last name, N-A-L.

"I do what I can to help this team," he said. "They are the best in the world."

"Nao" is the personal trainer for Angels ace Bartolo Colon and his list of clients includes Vladimir Guerrero, Ortiz, Miguel Tejada, Pedro Feliz, Guillermo Mota and other Major League players.

He has a physical therapy and rehab facility near Santo Domingo. "Nao" also operates an academy where students of various skills and levels learn about the game. They also learn about life.

"I try to show young children that the reality of life is not only baseball," he said. "You can learn how to play baseball, but if you don't walk the right road and live a good life, it doesn't matter if you are a superstar, you will eventually fail."

Done's career in strength and conditioning started 25 years ago when he served as the strength coach for the Dominican Republic's national volleyball team. He's honed his craft over the years by studying in Puerto Rico, Cuba, Japan and the Dominican Republic.

"It is not just about baseball, but also how to be a better person in your life," Done said. "I think it's a big part of what the people learn from us."

Archived