This has all gone too far

Pirate

Prior to April 2004 the video game baseball community put their efforts toward 3DO’s High Heat baseball series. We had a wonderful community built from the ground up. There was civility and loyalty to the High Heat product. When 3DO went belly up Trues went and created a new site, www.mvpmods.com, for those of us who still wanted to mod for the up and coming MVP Baseball series by EA Sports.

First it was MVP 2004 and then MVP 2005 was released. The community was as active as ever. Ground breaking modding techniques were developed and shared. It was at www.mvpmods.com where 2X textures for EA games were discovered. It was where Oedit was taken to a new level. We also worked with other modding communities. Zmod revolutionized the MVP series several months ago and this is three years after the game was released.

Things were going well and it was a strong community that shared resources and experience. Of course there were hiccups along the way. People tried to rip off other peoples work and pass it off as their own, some people began to think they were greater than the community, but for the most part it worked out alright.

Spin offs began with the Total Classics modders. They began to work on total replacement mods that gave users the look and feel of old-time baseball. Their work was phenomenal.

When the MLB license was purchased by Take Two, it left us all reeling. For the second time our favorite game was lost in the business world. But we all persevered. All of the best mods were gathered together and released as a package for the 06 season.

Then for some reason a giant split in the community occurred and over what I have not bothered myself to find out. Someone started a new site, www.eamods.com, and began to take mods their. It wasn’t long before those who called the new site home and those that called www.mvpmods.com home started bickering. There was something lost in translation and mods started becoming site specific.

The entire time everyone forgot why we modded. It was for fun. I never made any money off the mods I contributed to the site. I did those mods for myself and chose to share them with the community because I assumed that you all would enjoy them. From the looks of their popularity, you all did.

This was a community built by hard working fun-loving modders. It is no longer that. There are attitudes, egos, and a general lack of respect that has taken over.

Secret modding societies have sprung up in both communities. As far as I know the Underground at www.mvpmods.com has been silent for months.

I feel bad for people like Trues who has dedicated so much time to this that we could never repay him. I feel bad for modders like Kccitystar, Hory, Spungo, Trues, llmac, Totte, CC720, Kraw, and even myself.

The site war has destroyed working relationships, friendships, and the purpose of this community. I gave up modding and the game because of it. Worst of all I resorted to calling people names, degrading their work and stooping to their low levels because of the animosity.

It’s just not worth it anymore. I have given Rolie permission to use my stadiums for further mods, and he can do what he pleases with that. If he decides to share it with www.eamods.com and not www.mvpmods.com that’s a damn shame, but so be it. I am not going to put forth any more effort into a three year old game, when the integrity of this community has been destroyed. So many of the people that have worked hard for this game, who loved this game have been effected and that just isn’t right.

We mod for the fun of it, but when that has been lost, I urge you all to ask “why am I doing this?â€

There are better things to do in life than work on this old game. I urge you to use all your talents elsewhere and to leave the bickering and this game behind. Move forward not backward. I hope you can settle your differences.

I am sorry for any feeling that I have hurt recently. By name ABC006, NYM and even Kraw, I am sorry for acting out against you. This community was built for friendship, modding and sharing. In that should be learning and enjoyment, not bickering, arguing and hatred. I was wrong just like many of you were.

Good luck all of you.

I hope this doesn't mean your leaving or stop modding forever pirate. we all have our bad days or weeks or whatever but its no reason to call it quites all together. Just take a break and hopefully your fine (and possibly change your mind) in a month or two

I agree with your main statement that the constant bickering has to stop between both sites and that the constant name calling and hatred towards other members has to end.

But I don't fully agree with the following statement:

"...I urge you to use all your talents elsewhere and to leave the bickering and this game behind. Move forward not backward..."

I am not sure if the above statement was towards the modders that you had mentioned above or to everyone in general. But anyway the fact is that I actually enjoy visiting this site. I basically had ZERO photoshop skills when I joined this site and literally no modding skills. Within a span of roughly 2 years, I have improved vastly and learned a hell of a lot about many different aspects.

I have actually dedicated myself to learning about how different aspects of the game can be modded. Its been sometime since I had played a game. Nowadays, the only time I run the game is to see how the mods that I had implemented look in-game. I have taken in a lot of things from both communities and I just feel that its about time I give something back.

Its definitely a shame that things have gotten to this point and I truly do hope that something can be settled. I also hope that you would reconsider about you decision to retire from modding.

Pirate no big deal. It's okay. People say things in the heat of the moment that they can later regret. I had a talk about this with DJeagles a couple weeks ago about that.

Anyway this site needs to change to be brought back to the "glory days" of 2005.

- People who are long time members to this site need to stop acting like their about new members. It annoys me when a new member joins the site and asks a question without searching, and then members here go "WHY DON'T YOU SEARCH FIRST, USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!" Why can't they just be kind and point out the correct forum, or even search the mod/topic for the new member? The person is new and may not know about searching. Get off his back and be more helpful.

- Everyone here is so uptight. Sometimes it's hard to pass a joke without getting flamed at.

- There should be more admins and mods to try and keep order, but the mods should be chosen carefully. Make sure you don't choose a person with a quick temper or a thickheaded person just because he's been here for a long time. Choose someone that is a right fit and understands situations carefully and can relate to forum members. They should also have patience with new members.

- Solve the problem with EAMods. Just end whatever is going on between the two. Personally I think EAMods is a waste because it's MVPMods2. There's no need for it but whatever.

Just end it. Come to an agreement, make friends, and end it.

I agree with most of what you said Pirate except making modifications for this game is fun, it is a hobby. And if it isn't fun for you, if it is like a chore, than don't do it.

I just feel bad for people like Kraw and KC and Ty and many more, that work their butts off and barely get any recognition for the extreme amount of time they put into their work, people just search for the absolute minute problems with the mod and rub it in their face. They have no common courtesy

just so you know milkmanant, people who do that get attitude because they don't read the site rules in they just ask questions. For example, you know how many questions we get involving the September call ups and the possibility of a mod. If people searched we wouldn't get that many. Its annoying when every other question is asking that

While I agree with most of what Pirate is saying, I'll have to lock this thread because some people always have to resort to site bashing and I don't want it to turn into something it was not intended to be.

Nice post Pirate.

Pirate no big deal. It's okay. People say things in the heat of the moment that they can later regret. I had a talk about this with DJeagles a couple weeks ago about that.

Anyway this site needs to change to be brought back to the "glory days" of 2005.

- People who are long time members to this site need to stop acting like their about new members. It annoys me when a new member joins the site and asks a question without searching, and then members here go "WHY DON'T YOU SEARCH FIRST, USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!" Why can't they just be kind and point out the correct forum, or even search the mod/topic for the new member? The person is new and may not know about searching. Get off his back and be more helpful.

- Everyone here is so uptight. Sometimes it's hard to pass a joke without getting flamed at.

- There should be more admins and mods to try and keep order, but the mods should be chosen carefully. Make sure you don't choose a person with a quick temper or a thickheaded person just because he's been here for a long time. Choose someone that is a right fit and understands situations carefully and can relate to forum members. They should also have patience with new members.

- Solve the problem with EAMods. Just end whatever is going on between the two. Personally I think EAMods is a waste because it's MVPMods2. There's no need for it but whatever.

Just end it. Come to an agreement, make friends, and end it.

I know this thread has been locked, but I need to add my two cents. Although I think NYM has grown in leaps and bounds, especially the last year, but for a LONG, LONG time, you were one of the main problems on this site. Multiple accounts, stupid posts, senseless threads, spamming, calling people names, and causing problems in general, yet you feel like you are an authority to judge this site now? Please.

I know I am hotheaded, and I know that I have been a part of the problem in the past. I have made an effort to take a step back and be less judgmental when it comes to members here, but there are still some who like to act like little children, and you sir are one of them. Every so often you do something that is unprovoked, then blame everyone else for your poor judgment.

yes this site needs to change, both sites need too. I wish we all could just sweep these problems under the rug, but it's not that easy.

As for you Pirate...nice post.

Archived