Total Classics Gold Tournament

BigRog

I’m starting this Total Classics tournament, with the intentions of finishing it. Don’t know how long it will take though because of school and the rest of the hectic ness in my life. I will try to update this as much as often.

Tournament is single elimination. There will be 4 brackets and the winners of each bracket will qualify into a final four showdown. Home team will be established by the team with the best record. I picked team names out of a hat and then I used Tournament Bracket Builder to make my brackets.

Will start with the Classics-1

C-1.png

52 Athletics vs 64 Cardinals

opening.png

Athletics.png

Cards.png

AsvsCard.png

http://dynasties.mvpmods.com/boxscores//us...grog/64S163.htm

Both teams pitched a good game into the beginning of the third inning and their were many spectacular defensive plays such as this 5-4-3 double play made by Boyer, Javier, and White for the Cardinals.

turning2-2ndinning.png

In the top of the third with 3rd with two out, Gibson got a little shaky giving up a triple to opposing pitcher Bobby Shantz. He later would force out Elmer Valo in a fly out.

Then it was the Cardinals turn to show some magic. Julian Javier opened up the inning with a double. Gibson moved him to third with a sacrifice bunt. Lou Brock then tripled to drive in the first run of the game. Curt Flood then drove him in with a double.

Brockslidesinto3rdscoringfirstrun.png

Brock sliding into third. His RBI was the deciding factor in the game because of Gibson’s phenomenal performance.

Then in the bottom of the 3rd, Lou Brock stepped in with one out. He hit a single down the left field line. He then stole 2nd base during Curt Flood’s at-bat. His at-bat resulted in a fly out moving Brock to third. Bill White stepped in and RBI Singled down the left field line scoring Lou Brock.

Gibson Stayed in till the top of the Ninth preserving his shut out. In the 9th, the ball was handed to closer Barney Schultz. His first batter, Ferris Fain, hit a routine grounder up the middle that was fielded well by Dick Groat but his throw to third was too high going over first baseman Bill White’s head. With Fain on second, Schultz went and struck out the next three batters ending the game and their championship dreams for the 52 Athletics.

openingPHISD.png

battingorder.png

Pitching.png

93Phivs98Padres.png

http://dynasties.mvpmods.com/boxscores//us...grog/93P163.htm

The game was scoreless going into the 8th inning. Both pitchers were not very dominant in the game but they did have great defenses behind them.

1bshowinggloveintopof4th.png

Padres 1b Wally Joyner Dives and snags the ball that could have resulted in a hit early in the game.

In the bottom of the 8th, Greg Vaughn led off and hit a single into the Right Field and tried to stretch it into a double. He was called out at 2nd but it was a close play. The Padres Manager ran out as soon as the Umpire made the call and started to argue with him.

vaughnoutat2nd.png

Vaughn Sliding into 2nd, He looks safe to me.

yousmokinump.png

Ump, did you even see the call?

Going into the top of the 8th inning, Pete Incaviglia singled and Jim Eisenreich singled back to back. With 2 outs and runners at 2nd and 3rd, Lenny Dykstra singled driving in two runs. This proved to be too much for the Padres as the Phillies blanked them 2-0.

Dykstra2RBIwinsgamecopy.png

Dykstra’s game winning hit.

Untitled-3.png

Untitled-1.png

Untitled-2.png

http://dynasties.mvpmods.com/boxscores//us...grog/91T163.htm

The inning started off rocky for starting pitcher Jack Morris. The first batter Jorge Orta, 2b for the White Sox quickly got behind in the count 0-2. He roped a single up the middle on Jack Morris’ third pitch, a hanging slider. The second hitter Pat Kelly hit an easy grounder up the middle back to Morris but his throw to second to turn a double play was off and sailed over 2b Chuck Knoblauch’s head into Centerfield. With runners on second, Morris contained his frustration and got the next three batters out.

The game went back and forth between both teams. Both pitchers being dominant until the bottom of the 7th inning when Chili Davis hit a two run bomb to break the 0-0 tie. The inning started off with Kirby Puckett hitting a dribbler up the left side of the field to shortstop Bucky Dent. The throw from Dent was off though resulting in the White Sox first baseman, Dick Allen, pulling his foot off first base and Puckett sliding into first base safely. Next up was DH Chili Davis. Seeing that pitcher Jim Kaat was frustrated with the error, Davis took the first pitch thrown to him out of the park and bouncing it off the left field foul pole. Later in the 8th inning, with a runner on second, Chuck Knoblauch hit a double to left field driving in a run and making the score 3-0. The score stayed like that with Jack Morris pitching a complete game, recording 9 strikeouts and no earned runs against him.

RFrobsmackofahitinbotof5th.png

Bill Sharp robbing Shane Mack of a hit in the 5th inning.

Davis2runhomerun.png

Chili Davis’ 2 Run Home Run. In the 7th inning.

strikeout.png

Jack Morris Striking out 1 of 9 hitters.

*box score will be updated soon*

Archived