Tools and Editors Ideas

DylanBradbury

Hmm...well, an advance on your Rating Generator for '05 would be to make one for the various levels of the minors, such as AAA, AA, A and short-season leagues.

One that's just came to mind again is actually something I first thought of when Ty released his Box Score Extractor program - you know when you look at pitch history, you get an image of what pitches have been thrown in previous AB's? Extracting that from memory and writing it to disk as an image would be very cool. It would not only allow for good linkage with the HTML output of the Box Score extractor, but it would also be really good to look over after a game to see if you are maybe hitting certain spots too much with one pitch, or in a particular count.

To Mark:

Unfortunately I have a very limited understanding of Visual Basic programming. Although I appreciate your confidence, a program like you were describing is a little too complicated for my lowly ability. Sorry dude.

To SESbb30:

Your idea is a phenomenal idea. However my programs are based on complicated formulas.

If there was a site that gave statistics for pitchers like "strikeouts when throwing his fastball" or "curveball balls" I might be able to do it. But again my programs are based on stats and really complicated formulas.

Sorry bro.

Sorry to you both. :( Any other ideas?

How about something that can export, compile and sort Career Statistics?

Like, have a top 10 (or top 20) list in the stat categories that we export at the end of each year, and it will show where people have gone in their career.

How about something that can export, compile and sort Career Statistics?

Like, have a top 10 (or top 20) list in the stat categories that we export at the end of each year, and it will show where people have gone in their career.

I really appreciate all your ideas, but they're all out of my lowly ability. I guess you haven't seen the simplicity of my programs.

No worries Dylan, just an idea. :D I did some programming in VB back in the day, and still mess around with it once in a while for some projects. In the same boat though - quite limited knowledge of all the various things that can be done with it.

After brainstorming and brainstorming I have come up with an idea...

[align=center]I will be making a Split Estimator.

[/align]

Instead of looking up splits online, the estimator will, through a series of algorithms, estimates a players batting average and slugging average versus lefties and righties.

Would this interest anyone?

After brainstorming and brainstorming I have come up with an idea...

[align=center]I will be making a Split Estimator.

[/align]

Instead of looking up splits online, the estimator will, through a series of algorithms, estimates a players batting average and slugging average versus lefties and righties.

Would this interest anyone?

As of now, your ratings generator only calculates 3 aspects for hitters correct? If so, I would much rather prefer if you expand on that idea and create a complete ratings generator (for hitters, pitchers, and fielders) that calculates all of the values one would need if they were to create a set of rosters for MVP.

As of now, your ratings generator only calculates 3 aspects for hitters correct? If so, I would much rather prefer if you expand on that idea and create a complete ratings generator (for hitters, pitchers, and fielders) that calculates all of the values one would need if they were to create a set of rosters for MVP.

Your idea is a phenomenal idea. However my programs are based on complicated formulas.

If there was a site that gave statistics for pitchers like "strikeouts when throwing his fastball" or "curveball balls" I might be able to do it. But again my programs are based on stats and really complicated formulas.

Sorry bro.

Sean O once posted a link on here to a site that had intricate knowledge about how many different types of pitches each hitter faced and the result of each one. I am not sure exactly what the url to that site is. Maybe if Sean O reads this, he maybe able to link us to that again. Here are some other sites that are pretty in-depth in regards to stats. Would these sites help you in your project?

www.retrosheet.org

www.baseball-reference.com

www.baseball-almanac.com

www.fangraphs.com

that was fast.

Haha, I compiled the data last night, and it didn't take me too long to find strong correlations with a large sample. Then, I woke up around 9 this morning, EST, and designed the program. I did a quick search for a banana split, change the cherry to a baseball, and made the icon. (I realize it's too small to see, but I like to use original icons.)

And that's how the Baseball Split Estimator was born.

What do you think of it?

Archived