Matt Harvey Chronicles...

Borgi

Fore wording- Matt Harvey went to Fitch, a high school very close to mine and they played mine numerous times. I saw him pitch with my own eyes in awe, and have been keeping tabs on him now. He was a third round pick by the Angels last draft, but opted to go to college. He has had close contact with Scott Boras, who will likely be his agent when he hits the bigs.

Here are some of his accolades-Third-round pick (118th overall) by the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in the 2007 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft • Earned prep All-America honors while playing for his father at Fitch High School in Groton, Conn. • As a senior, went 6-1 with a 0.64 ERA over 54 2/3 innings with 112 strikeouts • Named Connecticut state player of the year by the Hartford Courant and by Gatorade • Rated as the nation's No. 1 high school prospect by Baseball America in Feb. 2007 • Claimed high school All-America honors from Aflac, Under Armour, PlayStation and Louisville Slugger • Three-time preseason All-America • Three-time all-state pick and a four-time all-conference choice • Set school career records with 315 strikeouts, 21 victories and a 1.08 ERA • Added Fitch career records with 93 RBI and 118 hits • Pitched for Team USA in the 2006 IBFA AAA Junior World Championships in Cuba • Captured the 2007 Connie Mack World Series title as a member of the Midland Redskins • Also played two years of basketball.

So far as a freshman he is 5-2, a 2.51 era 38 k's in 32 innings pitched and opponents are hitting .235 against him.

I will be doing my chronicles as if he did not go to college and went to the Angels, starting in single A ball. I no longer have MVP, so this will be done via MLB 2k8, giving me a reason to play this waste of sixty bucks. Obviously since it is not from the computer I cannot compete with others with screen shots and such, but will do my best to keep you entertained. I will be playing all of his starts for as long as who knows, maybe a fifteen year career. I hope I enjoy this and I hope you do too. More information coming later.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may actually be able to do screen shots if you have a usb cord. I have no idea if this works or not. Alright, you get a usb cord and connect it from your xbox controller port to your lap top (if you have one). After that you may be able to use prnt screen or fraps to take screen shots. I haven't tried yet but it is just an idea. After that you can just import the image into photoshop or w/e program with ctrl v. Just trying to help :)

I have created him, and he is a 64 overall starting in single A Rancho Cucamonga Quakes, located in California.

His repertoire consists of a 92-94 MPH fastball, that is very hard to hit, and could potentially become a 96+ MPH pitch.

A potentially filthy curveball with solid movement at a young age.

A stale change up that is thrown to mix speeds, but is very hittable.

A 2 seam fastball that is still being worked on, with some control problems.

Scouts say right now he only has two throw able pitches, his fastball and curveball, and that is why he is in single A. Standing 6-4 210 pounds, he has massive amounts of potential. He looks to be in the starting five for the Quakes this season.

Harvey made his professional baseball debut against the Lake Elsinore Storm, the Padres single A affiliate. Harvey was on a pitch count, since he has such a young, prized arm. He struck out the first two batter he faced, using his fastball and curveball nicely. He pitched mediocre the rest of his start, allowing two runs over five innings. His fastball only hit 91, and the weather may have been a factor. It was 50 degrees in early April baseball. The offense did not hit well and Harvey took the loss. Pitching coach Dan Ricabal thought Harvey had a solid first career start. He said, "The fastball was not as hard as usual, but as he pitches more he will get it going again. The curveball tonight was filthy, as it left a few guys looking silly. We are still trying to incorporate more pitches, but the changeup only made a few appearances as we tweak it. His stamina certainly is something to watch, as he was tired in the fifth inning. These are all things we can work on, and look forward to helping him with." Harvey should start again in five days, experiencing no injuries.

FirstStart.jpg

By the way I sent Matt a message to check this out, so hopefully he will, that would be pretty sick.

I hope he doesn't take it the wrong way and think you're a creepy stalker type dude lol.

I'll be reading.

This is cool, i was thinking about doing a diary of a professional rookie, road to the bigs type thing. This is similar, but for a pitcher, you only get 1 in 5 days, for a hitter, its an everyday thing, so it would be a better read. But, I like this, this is cool, keep it up, I want to see matt make it up to the parent club in 2 years or so.

This is cool, i was thinking about doing a diary of a professional rookie, road to the bigs type thing. This is similar, but for a pitcher, you only get 1 in 5 days, for a hitter, its an everyday thing, so it would be a better read. But, I like this, this is cool, keep it up, I want to see matt make it up to the parent club in 2 years or so.

Thanks for the comment man, and yea a hitter would be more fun, but I do not have the time for a 162 game season. I think 32-35 games is much more my style right now :D

I think all his first year I will keep him down in single A, unless by the trade deadline he is really dominant, then maybe a bump. I would say two years is a good projection. Hope I can do enough to keep people interested, I am not a photoshop whiz, as you see from my boring template right now, but I will improve with time I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why don't you use your camera on "macro" setting and take some highlights from the right distance?

is macro a setting from a digital camera that makes it work from a tv? curious as to what you meant

You can use fraps too, if you do the replay from behind the pitcher, that would be sweet.

Im not a photoshop guy either. I dont know heads from tails with it. I just work with what I got, edit it and post it....lol

Its working for ya, keep going. I sense a bump to AA sometime soon??

You can use fraps too, if you do the replay from behind the pitcher, that would be sweet.

Im not a photoshop guy either. I dont know heads from tails with it. I just work with what I got, edit it and post it....lol

Its working for ya, keep going. I sense a bump to AA sometime soon??

Haha a promotion could be in the cards. I can't use fraps on xbox 360 can I? I tried taking some pics and vids with my digital which I will be posting with his last start update. THey didn't come out to good, but it is better than nothing.

Archived