What do you guys think?

pistonj92

Does anyone have any ideas for a headshape for Armando Gallaraga? Even though my cybers haven't gone well with you guys,(Like 60 downloads total for 2 faces, and no reviews) I am going to do a cyber for him because I'm sick today and have nothing else to do.

If you don't know what he looks like, maybe this will help:

awkmdejwyc9.jpg

What do you guys think, it is a WIP, and I still need to check mapping, but I think it is purty good.

galargywipuq4.png

I probably want to do something about that tiny bit of stubble under his chin, but other than that, it is looking like one of my better ones.

Have you looked at Homer's Tutorial the blending on that face doesnt look very good. It is fairly obvious where the old and new texture overlap.
Really, I didn't think it was that bad, meybe the left side could use some work.

ticketfq7.jpg

Here is what Homer himself, called a well blended face, and I agree it is well-blended. You can still quite clearly see where the new and old textures are.

A lot of it is pretty well done but the top and the area under the left eye are still very rough. The color could use a little adjusting and the two textures have a bit of difference in Sharpness. It not bad but i think you should put a little more time into it and work out the rough spots.

Nice Galarraga.

Are you taking requests?

How about Santiago, Lopez, Seay and Joyce?

Maybe Lopez, maybe Seay, but Santiago's picture isn't good for face making. There is no way I am making a Matt Joyce face unless he finds a steady job in the MLB.

And BigPaPa, I cam off a little defensive, I am planning on adjusting the face. I was just showing it to everyone to see what they think.

ok:

1. not a bad job. keep it up.

2. again, not a bad job. but like you said, the blending can be a slight bit better on the left side there.

3. i think you can bring out more details by sharpening the face more. quite a bit probably, at a really low resolution, at like .3 pixels. then sharpen the lower layer too at 2 pixels or something until they kind of match. the skin tones is what you're looking for. if other areas, like the eyes or hair, are sharpened too much, run the blur tool over it a few times at a really low setting.

4. as for the blending again, i wouldn't get too picky with it until you try it in game to see how it looks. take a look at the face again. yes, you can see where the two textures meet. but to an extent, you want this. as the lighter shades around the cheeks and such add depth to the texture. but it should flow well. so the dark areas should blend into the contours of the cheeks. check out the texture below. it's a stock one. and there you can see that it's not all the same shades. most of the cheek areas are lighter than the rest because of the lighting effect. the thing you want to concentrate when blending is getting a feel for where things can be dark, and where things can be light, but yet still flow and not have abrupt sharp edges, like that area above the eyebrow on the left side of the screen.

5. when i mentioned using glaus, i only meant his model. i personally would've chosen a texture such as the one below. it solves a few things: 1) it's a little bit darker in skin tone. it's a 3, whereas glaus is 2 in tone. it only makes a smudge of a difference. but i personally think from his pressbox, he has a bit of a darker skin tone. 2) you also didn't want the stubble, so this one also has a clean cut look for you.

Archived