New York Mets - The Youth Movement (Fantasy Draft)

TrumpeteerNYR

Thanks everyone.

I really didn't think I'd pull out this win, after I gave up those runs...I thought it was over.

This dynasty is the first time I've played on all-star. It's tough for sure, and I think the numbers are pretty realistic. The SBs may be a bit high, but that also may be because I have quick hitters against...Kelly Shoppach.

Any opinions on how to make things more real? I'm sure I'll need to play a few more first...

pressrelease02ok5.png

Due Up: Position Primer, Season Outlook (Coming Tonight!)

I've heard of bullpen catchers, but what the who-HA is a bullpen pitcher? What does he pitch if all the players wind up sick or they fall behind by 60 or so, I mean the amount of coaches, instructors, counselors today in the MLB is outrageous. You learn something new everyday on this forum, especially in the fantasy Franchise forums...

vbprogjoe (Joe W.) :spin: :spin: :spin:

pressrelease0300mb8.png

pressrelease0301pd8.png

pressrelease0302sy6.png

pressrelease0303gw8.png

pressrelease0304gr4.png

pressrelease0305ir0.png

pressrelease0306vu6.png

pressrelease0307jt3.png

Up Next: Spring Training Updates, Position Battles, Player Intros, Transactions

Followed By: Opening Day!

Not to "rain on your parade," so to speak, but why would you draft Hunter Pence or Carlos Gomez, when Corey Hart is better than both? Corey Hart may not have been touted as much, but he is more of a five-tool player than Gomez, and right now his clutch hitting makes him slightly better than Pence. Who are your backup outfielders anyway?

Thanks,

---vbprogjoe (Joe W.)

Well Pence and Gomez were steals in the rounds I got them...they dropped pretty far. I like Corey Hart, and he is a solid outfielder, but he was off the board by the time I selected my OFs. I have a very young group of OFs on the team, and they're struggling so far (with the exception of Gomez). I drafted them for their upside, not their potential to make an immediate impact.

I've got Gomez in Left, Jay Bruce in Center, then Pence in Right, with Ellsbury at backup. I only carry 4 outfielders.

Right now, Hart is putting up essentially identical numbers to Pence, and while Gomez is still young, I think he'll develop into a 5-tool player much like Beltran.

I would've considered drafting Hart in one of these positions, but he was taken early in the draft.

Well Pence and Gomez were steals in the rounds I got them...they dropped pretty far. I like Corey Hart, and he is a solid outfielder, but he was off the board by the time I selected my OFs. I have a very young group of OFs on the team, and they're struggling so far (with the exception of Gomez). I drafted them for their upside, not their potential to make an immediate impact.

I've got Gomez in Left, Jay Bruce in Center, then Pence in Right, with Ellsbury at backup. I only carry 4 outfielders.

Right now, Hart is putting up essentially identical numbers to Pence, and while Gomez is still young, I think he'll develop into a 5-tool player much like Beltran.

I would've considered drafting Hart in one of these positions, but he was taken early in the draft.

Which team has Corey Hart???

Very nicely stated. I agree, you can only draft whats available to you, and what you need at that position. You have some solid guys. Although I dont see Gomez blossoming into Beltran, he is minimum a 4 tool player. Hes fast, plays D, has the ability to hit for average, and has a decent OBP, which with a little patients, it will get better.

This Glasner guy, hes something special I hear?? He plays for multiple teams right now. Hes not a bad player, when he decides what position he wants to play :lol:

Im thinking of moving you to 2B, and me to third. Only because I am bringing up Exelor for outfield, and moving Tavarez down to AAA. Hes not participating in our dynasty, so I dont see much use for him at the big league level right now. Exelor wants to be promoted, and hes following along, so why not, right??

haha sounds good - I'm all for the move. I play 2B in real life, but when you said you needed a left fielder, I figured I might as well help out the team ;)

Definitely agreed about Gomez and Pence...idk if Gomez will ever match Beltran's power, I feel that's definitely his limitation there. But Fernando Martinez could put up great power numbers, but he's way too unrefined in the game lol.

haha thanks - it's been a ridiculous struggle to get hits. I've fooled with sliders a bunch...so now pitching is pretty good, baserunning is better, CPU offense is good...but my offense still can't hit for its life. Hopefully I can get things where they need to be lol.

and there may or may not be some controversy surrounding my player in your dynasty in the next few games lol...

I've got a twist I'll be throwing out here soon - it'll be much better, and it'll give this dynasty more focus.

I'll keep up with the box scores and game reports, but no more game photos. Instead, I'll be tracking 4 specific players through the Majors. It'll be tough since I'm only playing as the Mets, and the 3 others are on other teams. But I'll do my best with it.

Expect 3 game updates later today, as well as a separate press release explaining everything else.

Well...scratch that. I've been busy with the completion of my Summer coursework...organic chem II is a b*tch by the way...

So I wasn't able to write up the game reviews or even play anymore.

Also, I'm now in North Carolina for a month on vacation/work thingy (Outer Banks). So my MVP time/Dynasty updating will be limited.

I'll try to do what I can, but no guarantees.

SORRY!!

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, I'm sorry to say I've lost all focus with this dynasty. I'm so far removed from it now, I'm totally lost.

I'm going to close it down and delete this thread. I may start up another one, but I think I'm going to focus on keeping Wallbanger's new one (Steel City) alive. In the fall, I may pop up a Single A one, to follow my created player. No idea yet though.

Sorry for those who followed, but help keep Wallbanger's new one alive, it should be good!

Archived