Create schedule

miles44

If you want to randomly generate a schedule, there is a mod in the download section.

If you want to edit the schedule yourself, then open up schedule.big and extract mlb162_1.dat. You can open that file using any text editor or just excel to make your changes.

well, I used the bigGUI program to export the mlb162_1.dat file from the schedule.big file and then edited this with WORDPAD. I then imported the edited mlb162_1.dat file back into the schedule.big file and compressed it down.

As soon as I tried to go into MVP 2005, it crashed big time. I mean I didn't even get the RTS screen.

Any way, any ideas how I might have screwed this up?

Thankfully, I saved a copy of the SCHEDULE.big file first.

• 4 years later...

well, I used the bigGUI program to export the mlb162_1.dat file from the schedule.big file and then edited this with WORDPAD. I then imported the edited mlb162_1.dat file back into the schedule.big file and compressed it down.

As soon as I tried to go into MVP 2005, it crashed big time. I mean I didn't even get the RTS screen.

Any way, any ideas how I might have screwed this up?

Thankfully, I saved a copy of the SCHEDULE.big file first.

Edit it with Excel, not Wordpad...there is a tutorial on the format floating on the site somewhere. I just remember it's relatively easy, just very consuming- 2400 lines to edit. If we broke it down this winter and assigned maybe only a couple hundred lines to several people, the schedule wouldn't be so bad. I'd volunteer for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used the balanced schedule in the past and have really enjoyed it. It seems to be the easiest way for Houston to not play a NL Central schedule as of now.

After your first season, Houston reverts to playing a NL Central schedule and it is no longer balanced. I was looking at the balanced schedule generator and it edits 162_1.dat file.

I was wondering if there was a way to create the 162_2.dat and the 162_3.dat file to a balanced schedule as well? That way each season would have teams play a balanced schedule, as opposed to Houston going back to a NL Central schedule.

Thanks for your help.