New City, Career Renewed - Oakland A's Year 3

rookie_rick

RR,

Have you considered tweaking your (user) contact sliders a bit? (or handicapping the AI pitching a bit more)

I only bring that up because you've played a lot of games, and likely have good MVP skill, but you have 3 or 4 star players batting 40 or so points below where they should/could be, and I'm wondering if your sliders are slanted a tad too much against your offense?

I'm all for challenging sliders, but I'm just wondering if your sliders are just a bit too challenging.

It's not my sliders because they are identical to the sliders i used for my first season. I get a good number of hits but when it comes to my sluggers mainly, i have been approaching pitchers differently because most of the season i have been struggling to get wins and when i start to pick up wins the B.A of those players should pick up.

HOLY ****! 13 homeruns? i never get that much when i mess around on rookie or pro lmao. rick, please, NEVER quit this dynasty, its so freakin epic. keep it man.

Well i bet you don't have Tyler Clippard/Jon Lester pitching when you play on rookie :p They aren't exactly lighting it up for me.

Thanks for the kind words man. Disregarding any issues that may arise which are out of my control i will continue this Dynasty for as long as i physically can. :D Hell you need to pry me away from my computer to make me stop it :D

I had never played a full 162 game schedule before this Dynasty and that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the amount of games i am aiming to play.

13 Homeruns in one game Rick!, there's been weeks where i havent hit 10 homeruns in my dynasty let alone 13 homeruns in one game. Was there a lack of gravity in Boston on that night :p

I think the Twins uped there "juice" intake for the trip to Fenway. ^_^

I will definitely be sending their hitters a message during the next game because that defeat was plain embarrassing.

Man rick, your games are starting to look like mine.  Too many losses.  Unfortunately, Boston is extremely tough in my dynasty and I've got the nexy 3 games with them.

Ugh.. <_<

I'm sure you will pick up a win or 2 against them. Considering i have the Braves again after the Twins. I am going to settle for 2/3 wins from the next 5 games and then regroup and start winning after the All Star break.

I am going to settle for 2/3 wins from the next 5 games and then regroup and start winning after the All Star break.

I'll consider myself lucky if I get 2 wins out of the next 6 games.  Like you, I'll do the best I can and then refocus after the break.

I'll consider myself lucky if I get 2 wins out of the next 6 games.  Like you, I'll do the best I can and then refocus after the break.

I wanted to get the Twins series out the way quickly but i got side tracked with extra shifts at work and then started a new RTTS on The Show.

I am doing far from well but just been selected for the AA All Star game. B)

Boston looking for much needed win

Matsuzaka looking to put personal problems behind him

startinglineupsvsminnes.jpg

injuryreportvsminnesota.jpg

Ellsbury returns from injury, he will bat 9th for the next couple of games.

I'm expecting Masterson to be available for the second game against the Braves. Following Zink in the rotation.