The Cards Have Been Fired! The NEW Milwaukee Brewers Dynasty

SeveredSoulX

I don't wanna fill up your thread with a pointless debate of personal preference, I just view the purpose of a franchise is to build a solid team for multiple season. I figured with the team goals, stretch goals, budgets, etc that it would be the logical conclusion.

I look at how much time I/we put into a franchise and the dynasty threads, and to just keep starting over just seems sorta pointless.

As far as being "cool" or whatever, I fully realize we're the dorks of dorks and have repeatedly said I'm a stats geek traped in an athlete's body. So, I have no illusions of our geekiness ... I celebrate it.

Everybody needs a hobby.

As for "finishing" a franchise .... it would take years to actually finish a franchise by defintiion, I am pointing out that so few even make it to the ASB, let alone finish the intial season. Rookies don;t develop, free agents aren't signed in the off-season, trades aren;t made to improve a team over the long haul, etc. It would seem to run cunter to the very point of starting a franchise, versus just playing a tournament/playoff with whatever team strikes your fancy at that moment (and I don't say that as an insult).

I just think it would be more interesting to see how players succeed in a franchise over a few seasons, rather than just a coupla months and then switch to a new team.

I don't wanna fill up your thread with a pointless debate of personal preference, I just view the purpose of a franchise is to build a solid team for multiple season. I figured with the team goals, stretch goals, budgets, etc that it would be the logical conclusion.

I look at how much time I/we put into a franchise and the dynasty threads, and to just keep starting over just seems sorta pointless.

As far as being "cool" or whatever, I fully realize we're the dorks of dorks and have repeatedly said I'm a stats geek traped in an athlete's body. So, I have no illusions of our geekiness ... I celebrate it.

Everybody needs a hobby.

As for "finishing" a franchise .... it would take years to actually finish a franchise by defintiion, I am pointing out that so few even make it to the ASB, let alone finish the intial season. Rookies don;t develop, free agents aren't signed in the off-season, trades aren;t made to improve a team over the long haul, etc. It would seem to run cunter to the very point of starting a franchise, versus just playing a tournament/playoff with whatever team strikes your fancy at that moment (and I don't say that as an insult).

I just think it would be more interesting to see how players succeed in a franchise over a few seasons, rather than just a coupla months and then switch to a new team.

For once there is a class point of view...lol CC, I concur on your points of wisdom. Honestly, I am a huge stats fan myself, and I to like to see people succeed, especially in dynasties. I cant explain the reasons I dont finish. Maybe its boredom or not really feeling the team I am playing with? IDK, but Im stuck in a quagmire when it comes to them.

Id like to see more finish myself, me included, but its just a long process, and by the time we put so much effort into each update, and we are 1/4 or 1/2 way through the season, its just hits you that you really are not up for the challenge. I guess in the big picture, with each one that is attempted, you feel like you can do it, but in the end, its the same old thing. I guess thats why you christened the phrase "CDS" which looking back now, was exactly what it is.

I stopped doing baseball ones, and I am supporting the guys that still do them. I admit, I cant do them anymore, and I just stopped. Now I support Sev and Rays and guys like them, hoping they can continue to get through this, and finally do it.

I also appreciate your class along with the cander, its refreshing to see. I commend you CC.

OK, Sev, not to bump it, but lets go. Im supporting this thing, dont let me down!!!

I know i will probably get reemed by giving props to CC, but I thought it was worth mentioning that this is the way to give critisism and be dignified at the same time.

I bought MVP for $100 for PC, just so I could avoid having to start a new franchise every time a new version of 2k baseball or whatever title came out. I wanted to be able to enjoy the new features of the game, without starting over my team franchise, because I usually put a lot of effort into overhauling a struggling team, and I wanted to see how it would develop through year 2 and year 3, and I just don;t have the time to play 3 seasons over one spring/summer.

I have always, with whatever game used the "play one, sim one" alternating style of play. I did this for two reasons.

[1] It allows you to get through a season more quickly, while still have a major influence on the team's sucess.

[2] It also forces you to build a quality team versus just relying on your playing skll to allow too many players to play over their head and achieve unrealistic results.

For the reasons you mention, I continually explore ways of updating my franchise "in bulk". If I updated after every game, I'd never get through a franchise (or at least it's take me two years to play one season) .. and you'd spend more time making updates/previews, than actually playing the game, which would kill my enthusiasm.

Currently, I am using a "this week in baseball" type of format, which allows me to update every 6 or 7 games (one week). So I get to spend 1.5 to 2 hours playing the game, and then an hour making the updates (usually lat night when everyone else has gone to bed). Even when doing this, I find myself 2 weeks behind in the updates. But, I want to continue tthe updates, so that I have a record to look back on and remember/relive "how I got to this point". I feel like I can sustain this pace, but that's about as often as I can update, and still retain my enthusiasm/enjoyment for the franchise. Anything more and my hobby almost feels like a second job (or a 3rd or 4th job if you count parenting and strength training).

Plus. making the updates helps you stay in touch with what players from other teams are doing (especially against your club) and you can recall how you're doing as the season goes along.

I don't know how anyone would have the patience to update after every game, play all 162 games, plus playoffs, and continue for 2-3 years. But, having said that, I'm surprised someone hasn't done just that while playing with their favorite team and/or trading for players they really enjoy playing with/as.

I know i will probably get reemed by giving props to CC, but I thought it was worth mentioning that this is the way to give critisism and be dignified at the same time.

I don;t know why anyone would reem someone for having a different opinion/preference.

I also don;t view it as criticism, but voicing a different perspective/preference.

The bottom line is that it's a game/hobby and one should do what makes them happy. I guss that's where my comments originated from, that I didn;t se how it could be fun to continually be starting over and not really progressing on anything.

The updates do take a lot of time, and I would be interested in seeing more creativity (series recaps, a featured game of the series, a week at a glance, etc) in updating efficiency, versus just scrapping the whole thing, given how much time goes into the presentation.

I bought MVP for $100 for PC, just so I could avoid having to start a new franchise every time a new version of 2k baseball or whatever title came out. I wanted to be able to enjoy the new features of the game, without starting over my team franchise, because I usually put a lot of effort into overhauling a struggling team, and I wanted to see how it would develop through year 2 and year 3, and I just don;t have the time to play 3 seasons over one spring/summer.

I have always, with whatever game used the "play one, sim one" alternating style of play. I did this for two reasons.

[1] It allows you to get through a season more quickly, while still have a major influence on the team's sucess.

[2] It also forces you to build a quality team versus just relying on your playing skll to allow too many players to play over their head and achieve unrealistic results.

For the reasons you mention, I continually explore ways of updating my franchise "in bulk". If I updated after every game, I'd never get through a franchise (or at least it's take me two years to play one season) .. and you'd spend more time making updates/previews, than actually playing the game, which would kill my enthusiasm.

Currently, I am using a "this week in baseball" type of format, which allows me to update every 6 or 7 games (one week). So I get to spend 1.5 to 2 hours playing the game, and then an hour making the updates (usually lat night when everyone else has gone to bed). Even when doing this, I find myself 2 weeks behind in the updates. But, I want to continue tthe updates, so that I have a record to look back on and remember/relive "how I got to this point". I feel like I can sustain this pace, but that's about as often as I can update, and still retain my enthusiasm/enjoyment for the franchise. Anything more and my hobby almost feels like a second job (or a 3rd or 4th job if you count parenting and strength training).

Plus. making the updates helps you stay in touch with what players from other teams are doing (especially against your club) and you can recall how you're doing as the season goes along.

I don't know how anyone would have the patience to update after every game, play all 162 games, plus playoffs, and continue for 2-3 years. But, having said that, I'm surprised someone hasn't done just that while playing with their favorite team and/or trading for players they really enjoy playing with/as.

I believe JoeRudi would be the man for that. If Im not mistaken, he updated every game and recapped it as well. It was really well done.

Great post, and you made alot of sense. I didnt even realize it until you stated, that updating every 5th game or so would be the way to go. Points to ponder for a future dynasty, if ever.

I don;t know why anyone would reem someone for having a different opinion/preference.

I also don;t view it as criticism, but voicing a different perspective/preference.

The bottom line is that it's a game/hobby and one should do what makes them happy. I guss that's where my comments originated from, that I didn;t se how it could be fun to continually be starting over and not really progressing on anything.

The updates do take a lot of time, and I would be interested in seeing more creativity (series recaps, a featured game of the series, a week at a glance, etc) in updating efficiency, versus just scrapping the whole thing, given how much time goes into the presentation.

No what I meant was by me going off topic in Sevs dynasty, thats why I would get reemed. But I thought your posts hit home, and were right on target.

What I meant on the critisism aspect was, you were thoughtful and prepared with your view, which in my opinion is the right way to come across. Not just jumping in with both feet. But either way, voicing preference/opinions, it was still a great post. I dont want this to come across as me whining again. I just wanted to point out how this was a great way to post your thoughts and opinions.

ANYWHO! With all the talking aside - no I didn't give up, I just was taking time to make some more templates and find out what's wrong with my computer (apparently the CPU fan is now out of commission, so less time with consecutive games = ) Anyway, let me post up these 2 new templates and let me know what you think, total thanks to redsox, JR and Rookie Rick by helping me finally learn more about photoshop!

newlineupcardib8.jpg

pitcherspotlightxd0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived