Answer the Call: A 2008 New York Mets Dynasty

spicybanana

This is my first individual attempt at a dynasty. I have never done a dynasty all on my lonesome before, so I will try not to disappoint.

The 2007 New York Metropolitan season marked one of the worst collapses in baseball history. The Mets stumbled to an 88-74 finish, losing 12 of their last 17 games. With most of the blame put on Met skipper, Willie Randolph, former bench coach Jerry Manuel was named as the new Met manager. To bolster their rotation after the departure of ace Tom Glavine, the Mets surrendered prospects to acquire Johan Santana from the Minnesota Twins. With help from Manuel and Santana, the Mets hope to eradicate all memory of their fateful 2007 collapse as they say goodbye to their longtime home, Shea Stadium, for the 2008 season.

Difficulty: All-Star

Sliders: Kumala

Hot/Cold Zones: On

Hitter's Eye: Off

Rosters: KG's latest

Uniforms: TheSpungo's Post All-Star Break Pack

Yeah MVPMods is not complete without a Mets dynasty. Go Mets and retake that NL East crown!

Was that first part supposed to be funny or were you serious? LOL

I wish you well and hopefully you can finish with more than the 56 wins my Mets team got me. Why did I have to re-hire Willie? Why? Why? Why?

Good luck. And Lupe ... I was just kidding.

Was that first part supposed to be funny or were you serious? LOL

I wish you well and hopefully you can finish with more than the 56 wins my Mets team got me. Why did I have to re-hire Willie? Why? Why? Why?

Good luck. And Lupe ... I was just kidding.

Jeez meatmo, I am sorry. I am a mets fan and I liked mrdudley's mets dynasty. I checked back often when he updated it but he hasn't updated it yet so I am glad there is another MET one.

Jeez meatmo, I am sorry. I am a mets fan and I liked mrdudley's mets dynasty. I checked back often when he updated it but he hasn't updated it yet so I am glad there is another MET one.

I haven't had the time to do my dynasty, i plan on going on with it in the near future, because the playoffs for the online league im in are almost over.

and Spicy, i see your using the Johan Santana portrait i made. Nice!

I haven't had the time to do my dynasty, i plan on going on with it in the near future, because the playoffs for the online league im in are almost over.

and Spicy, i see your using the Johan Santana portrait i made. Nice!

That isn't okay Lupe ... I'm the one that's sorry. I was only kidding and I was wrong in how you'd take it. We are all Mets fans, you, me, Dudley and Spicy. He had a great Dynasty but it's just too bad the Mets didn't go undefeated with him. Just like you I'm glad there's another one and I'll be following as much as the real thing. Dudley, good luck with those playoffs.

Spicy: good luck with your dynasty. Who from the bullpen did you send down to AAA? Someone is missing but I can't tell who. I also like that you got Tatis on the bench.

Good luck Spicy - of course I'll be following. From Mets fan to Mets fan, good luck, and do us proud.

I sense a Mets conspiracy here? :lol:

Hey this looks familiar spicy, some guy with the same name was seen helping some guy named Blades for awhile. You dont happen to know this spicy do you? aka smalls...aka sasaki??

Looks good bro, I will be following. I knew you would attempt it sooner or later.

Spicy: good luck with your dynasty. Who from the bullpen did you send down to AAA? Someone is missing but I can't tell who. I also like that you got Tatis on the bench.

It was either have a four-man bench or bring up Tatis for a reliever. Matt Wise was the odd man out.

EDIT: Actually, in KG's latest roster pack, Wise was already in AAA, so I think it was El Duque.

Nice presentation so far. I like it. Easy reading and probably not a lot of work involved. I see you like to run and I'm wondering if Alou rushed the mound in the game.

It was either have a four-man bench or bring up Tatis for a reliever. Matt Wise was the odd man out.

EDIT: Actually, in KG's latest roster pack, Wise was already in AAA, so I think it was El Duque.

Go figure about El Duque. I DFA him as soon as I start the season. I used to DFA Alou as well but I figure he's better than anyone else the Mets have in the game that would play LF ... unless if there's a blockbuster deal for a LF such as Matt Holliday. LOL. Good luck.

Archived