Atlanta Braves Alt Away Uniform

Barnes

index.php?autocom=downloads&req=display&

File Name: Atlanta Braves Alt Away Uniform

File Submitter: Barnes

File Submitted: 23 Mar 2009

File Category: MLB 2K9 - Uniforms and Accessories

Made the Uniform darker, Change the Hat, Changed the Helmet to match real life.

Install the "uniform_atb_alt_a.iff" file to your MLB 2K9 folder. Back up the original incase you don't like it.

Click here to download this file

index.php?autocom=downloads&req=display&

File Name: Atlanta Braves Alt Away Uniform

File Submitter: Barnes

File Submitted: 23 Mar 2009

File Category: MLB 2K9 - Uniforms and Accessories

Made the Uniform darker, Change the Hat, Changed the Helmet to match real life.

Install the "uniform_atb_alt_a.iff" file to your MLB 2K9 folder. Back up the original incase you don't like it.

Click here to download this file

Yes Please tell how you found the helmet... I have been looking for this file so that i can finally finish my mets alternate away jersey

The helmet textures are #13 in the uniform.iff, it's in the bottom right corner. Well, thats what number the Braves is.

Be careful about changing Helmet textures, They have an alpha channel, the Alpha must match the Texture or it will look screwed up.

I use Coral's PaintShop Pro for my editing.

Hope this helps,

I didn't create any images. I saved the original #13 image as a dds, then imported that into my PSP and changed the texture to a "A" without the tomahawk through it.Then I removed the alpha channel from the image. Then I imported the Alpha channel from the Home #13 image and combined it with the alternate away #13 texture.The "A" had to be in the same spot as the alpha channel for it to look right.

It seems to me that the helmet gets it's color from somewhere else,Only the Teams Icon and the MLB icon for the back of the helmet are in #13, that's why it has an alpha channel, so they can take the images from #13 and put it on any style helmet.I can't find where the color is coming from. :huh:

Did any of this post make since? :p

Yes it did but it didn't really answer my question. The lighting file (all green) has to be edited to match the jersey. Often times when saving this, it loses something in the conversion (don't ask me why or how) which cause the jersey to not have proper lighting effects in the game.

I didn't edit the green file for the Jersey, I imported the Texture and changed the color to the same as the Alt Away hat.

When I saved the Texture my Nvidia DDS plug-in was set to DXT5 8bpp 2D textures.Those green files might need to be saved as 3D Textures.

post-37019-1237990356_thumb.jpg

This may be totally wrong, but I wonder if the helmet colors are in the team attributes in the roster files. I'm thinking thinking this because the console version had a roster update, and suddenly the colors of the Cardinal's away helmets were fixed. Maybe there are some number values (such as in photoshop) in the roster files that make up the colors of the helmets. Just a thought!

This should help with normal maps, I made a couple for parks, When you export you gotta keep the settings the same as the original dds. Keep the number of mipmaps the same as original or it might have weird colors. The red channel is swapped into the alpha channel. Green channel left alone, The red and blue channels are filled all black solid color. Also 50 percent opacity work well. I used crazybump to make the initial normal map and the did the bevel thing in the following tutorial.

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f...p;sk=t&sd=a

I saved the page with the image because of the bandwidth limit

2kNormalMAps.rar

So does anyone know if these helmet textures can be used to mod helmets in the game. I'm not sure if they are universal files that can't be used for modding helmets for specific teams. It would be great if it could be done because there are a lot of helmets that are wrong in the game. I hope it is of some use to some of you modders that do such great work, because I don't have a clue how to do it.

• 6 months later...

Archived