What's Your Hitting Preference....

Ticaliano

I've been playing with "Swing Stick" hitting since day one. Last night, however, I was experimenting with "Classic Hitting." I honestly enjoy both modes because they each have their own pros and cons (for example, I like the ability to check my swings with "Classic Hitting.")

Just curious which mode you guys prefer, Hit Stick 2.0 or Classic Hitting (aka: face button hitting)?

Swing Stick so far. I just bought the game two days ago, and maybe really invested 3 hours, but I like it better than MVP already. The graphics are definitely better and the gameplay engine feels more realistic to me. It feels a lot more challenging and I can't really say that I have mastered hitting yet. I am a much better pitcher!! While the swing stick has a more realistic feel to it than pressing a button, I find the combining of the Left and Right stick hard and I truly have coordination problems. You can't always count on just using the right stick to hit, adding direction or pull to a pitch is tremendously helpful, but man am I struggling!!! I have hit 1 HR in 8 games up to this point. And my best hit total in a game has been 10.

I've been playing with "Swing Stick" hitting since day one. Last night, however, I was experimenting with "Classic Hitting." I honestly enjoy both modes because they each have their own pros and cons (for example, I like the ability to check my swings with "Classic Hitting.")

Just curious which mode you guys prefer, Hit Stick 2.0 or Classic Hitting (aka: face button hitting)?

I had always been a "button" guy until 2k8, where I found the swing stick to be really fun (a new trick for an old dog, so to spreak *Bark*). With 2k9 I am using Darkspace's sliders and I really enjoy that it is timing based, so I'm back to classic hitting. If I need something in the air, I look for a ball up in the zone. If they pitch me away, I swing a bit later to go to the oppo gap. If it's in, I try to go up the middle or down the line. It's been rather realistic so far. One at bat with Brendan Ryan I was able to swing as late as possible and foul off 5 2-strikes pitches, before grounding out on a 3-2 pitch (11 pitch at bat, 28 pitch inning).

• 2 weeks later...

i use the zone hitting with the swing stick.... CHALLENGING....with the pitch speed low *** hell. EXTREMELY rewarding when you crush one.

Is this also known as the "cursor hitting" I hear speak of on the 360/PS3 version ?

How do you choose "zone" hitting ? I can't seem to see a menu choice for it.

Bought this for £4.95 = $7.50 from direct2drive over the weekend. Very impressed - nice high res graphics running smoothly. Can`t get the 360 version in the UK so this is ideal and has the benefit of being moddable.

Played one game and I was getting a lot of hits with the swing stick - quite a lot of doubles and 1 homer in only 5 innings. Hit 13 runs admittedly as Yankees against the Rockies - this was on the 2nd difficulty level up at default. Will try a higher level.

Just trying to sort out the best / most realistic hitting method and sliders before starting a franchise - not as the Yankees mind - will go for a mid ranking team.

Cheers

I just switched from the hit stick to classic hitting and I am loving it. I am using Darkspace's sliders and am having a lot of fun with them. I like classic hitting better because I have more time to judge the pitch whereas with the hitstick I didn't feel that I had even a clue where the pitch was gonna end up.

Classic for 2k7.

Stick for 2k8.

Classic for 2k9.

Unlike pitching, using the stick for batting doesn't give any additional enjoyment or sense of involvement. I can play either way, but choose just to use classic.

I do really enjoy that the style/sliders are heavily timing base, and I don't use left stick.

Actually I enjoy using both on seperate postseason tournaments.

- Classic Batting w/L-stick influence and Batter's eye (ala. MLB2K7)

- Swing Stick Batting w/L-stick influence and Batter's eye (ala. MLB2K8)

- Also am not a fan of Cursor Batting in MLB2K9. (It's totally not what I thought it would be as in WSB2K3, WSB2K5 or PS2 Pennant Race) Plus for me it seems moving or placing your bat within the Kzone is way to slow to line up to the pitchers ballspeed.

Archived