Mlb 2k9 Vs. Mvp Baseball

ChrisOcean

hey guys, from what you've been playing on MLB 2K9,

is MLB 2K9 better than MVP Baseball?

-my opinion is that MLB 2K9 has a TON of fake names, not very good fielding in the warning track

-LOVE the pitching style

-Batting is a little difficult, but unique

-Good Graphics

-MVP Baseball 08

-Good Roster updates, good work KG and others who've worked on the MVP Rosters

-Fielding is GREAT!

-Pitching style is OK

-Batting is easy

-Also Good Graphics

-like to hear your opinions on MLB 2k9 and MVP Baseball :D

I agree with you totally I rented MLB 2K9 as was so disappointed that I brought it back the next day and started working on MVP 2005 again.

Still by far the best baseball game ever made.

MLB 2K9 why did they take out playable AA & A some people love that aspect of MVP.

Also OWNER MODE is best mode probably in any sports game ever made.

i agree. the grafic from 2k9 is a little better. but i think for a game that comes out in 2009

and 4 years after mvp 05 is this not realy good. i miss some things in 2k9 like more baseball

feeling. no dirty jersey. dont like by other players go through as if it were invisible. in nba 2k9

is that not so. miss a good dittypack with better sounds in the stadium and so on...

this game is not the big step that we hoped to have. right ?

hope that 2ksports make a better game next year or a 2. patch.

mlb 2k9 has better graphics (obviously), better pitching system (which is the best part of this game) but not better pitching logic, and some pitches that break better. and yeah - far better presentation.

mvp is better in every other aspect - pitching logic, batting, fielding, baserunning, game modes etc.

Mvp has been on my system for 4 years now, no other game I've ever played on pc has lasted anywhere near that long. BUT that's only because of all the hard work that the good folks here and eamods have done.

2k9 has a lot of potential, but this year was obviously a rushed and incomplete game. I understand they have to compete with the show but if they had just moved it back a couple weeks, hell even a month they wouldn't have had all the bugs. Its cool though overall, I'm still havin some fun with it and I haven't really touched mvp since 2k9 came out. I'm not gonna give up on it, it hasn't even been out that long and there is already some great mods for it. So if folks stick with it, I think its only gonna get better.

2K9 is an extreme resource hog. I understand that the graphics cause this, and It's unplayable on my laptop with all settings at their lowest. On my desktop it looks great. MVP 08 runs great without tweaking any settings on my laptop. I enhoy sitting in my Recliner and playing the game. I wish that 2K9 would run even half as good. I can't even consider a single at bat, it's that bad of a hog.

MVP is the best ever, but not out of the box. Think about all the mods that make up mvp'08. I think 2k has great potential but we have to see what the modders on this site can do. In the words of kccitystar " If its in the game, we put it there".

Archived