Help, Game Crashes

dhewie

I installed the 08 Mod via the TiT program. It seemed to work fine, and I have the original disks. One thing I noticed from the instructions is it didn't ask anything about choosing my favorite team. The game loads, but if I try to play a game (dynasty or exhibition) it just crashes to the desktop. I haven't yet used any other rosters or any other modifications.

My computer has a 2.17GHZ Athlon, Abit NF7 motherboard, 1 GB Ram, and an ATI 9600XT (I think) video card.

Thanks for the help.

How far do you get before crashing? Are you able to set your lineups and options, and it crashes after picking a stadium, or it crashes before reaching the teams? That would give insight where the problem is.

I believe I have the same problem as the OP; mine crashes after picking stadiums. The loading bar gets halfway done, then the game crashes.

I believe I have the same problem as the OP; mine crashes after picking stadiums. The loading bar gets halfway done, then the game crashes.

While I am not sure if you both are having the same issue or not, that is the same issue I had when installing 08. I actually had to upgrade my RAM, as close to half of the updated stadiums crashed the game while loading. Now it is a rare occurrence.

Not saying that is the only thing that will cause this, but it is the problem I had.

I think you all should look at the requirements. I'm pretty sure you need a 2.4 ghz with 2 gigs ram minimum.

I really doubt that is the minimum requirements. I have a 1.5 GHz processor and 1/2 gig of RAM (512 MB). All the regular stadiums work fine. The ones I try downloading and switching are having crashes though.

you can look up the minimum requirements by googling it. but regardly, emath's point is that it's more than likely graphic overload for your computer. so either get a better video car/more RAM or decrease your graphic overload by one, all or any combination of: 1. using the 1x uniforms 2. using lite versions of the stadiums 3. using a less demanding overlay, such as the original.

this is streight off the 2ksport web page

Minimum PC Requirements:

CPU: Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz Single Core processor or equivalent (2.8 Ghz for Vista)

RAM: 512 MB or more (1 GB for Vista)

Disc Drive: 8x or faster DVD drive

Hard Drive: 9.5 GB or more free space

Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible (*see below)

Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Input: Keyboard or dual-analog gamepad

* Video card with 128 MB or more memory and one of the following chipsets is required: ATI x1300 or better | NVIDIA 6600 or better | DirectX 9.0c compatible card with Shader Model 3.0 support.

Recommended System Requirements:

CPU: 3 GHz Dual Core processor or equivalent

RAM: 2 GB

Video: Shader Model 3.0 support with 512 MB RAM (Nvidia® Geforce® 7900 GT or better)

Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Input: Dual-analog gamepad

Other Requirements:

Requires disc in drive to play (unlimited installations); software installations required including Sony DADC SecuROM, DirectX, and Microsoft’s Windows Installer 2.0.

this is streight off the 2ksport web page

Minimum PC Requirements:

CPU: Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz Single Core processor or equivalent (2.8 Ghz for Vista)

RAM: 512 MB or more (1 GB for Vista)

Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible (*see below)

Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Input: Keyboard or dual-analog gamepad

* Video card with 128 MB or more memory and one of the following chipsets is required: ATI x1300 or better | NVIDIA 6600 or better | DirectX 9.0c compatible card with Shader Model 3.0 support.

Recommended System Requirements:

CPU: 3 GHz Dual Core processor or equivalent

RAM: 2 GB

Video: Shader Model 3.0 support with 512 MB RAM (Nvidia® Geforce® 7900 GT or better)

Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Input: Dual-analog gamepad

Other Requirements:

Requires disc in drive to play (unlimited installations); software installations required including Sony DADC SecuROM, DirectX, and Microsoft’s Windows Installer 2.0.

This was about the MVP 08 mod, not 2K9.

There are no minimum specifications for the '08 mod. As the '08 mod is based on the original MVP 2005, you'll need to meet the bare minimum specifications, but as the 08 mod has a lot of updated textures such as 2x uniforms, 2x cyberfaces and much larger and more detailed stadiums, it's really just a case of trying it on your system and, if it works, great. If it doesn't, well, either try to make it work, or live with it.

There are no minimum specifications for the '08 mod. As the '08 mod is based on the original MVP 2005, you'll need to meet the bare minimum specifications, but as the 08 mod has a lot of updated textures such as 2x uniforms, 2x cyberfaces and much larger and more detailed stadiums, it's really just a case of trying it on your system and, if it works, great. If it doesn't, well, either try to make it work, or live with it.

Yeah, but the problem with mine is odd. I get everything to work, but I've tried switching out for a different Wrigley Field because I don't like the one from the 08 mod, but when I do switch it out, the game will crash sometimes after loading intro, playing first half of the first inning, or just immediately. Do you know how I can fix this problem?

LOL, sorry ya all. Dont know how I ended up in MVP

Happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I had given up on this thread after no replies. Well, I was able to play around in the game, and even simulate games through a season. The actual game play is when it crashes. I go into a game, do the lineups and everything, then it crashes before the game will start.

It could the stadiums that are causing the problem. Try going into the hitting minigame. If that works, your computer might not support the modded stadiums.

If that's the case, go in the /data/stadium directory, and replace those files with the files from the CD. That will restore the old stadiums. (Remember to make a backup!)

Archived