Classic Stadiums

Greg Putnam

That's sort of my point. We've got some really sharp people out there who are learning how to mod this thing, but so far, all they have really been able to crack is advertising signs and uniforms. Nothing structural. I personally haven't even found the Polo Grounds. I was really surprised that they didn't include the old Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium, and the future Twins Park. That's what makes me wonder if 2K is working on some kind of expansion disk including classic stadiums and other things. That would explain why our guys haven't gotten the code yet.

I wouldn't count on it. Last year MLB 2K8 did have a stadium update, however, it was to add minor league stadiums. I'm guessing that they are spending more time fixing bugs or starting work on MLB 2K10, than they are creating new content for MLB 2K9. Naturally, I could be wrong, but if past behavior is any indicator, then they won't be creating new stadiums.

I was really surprised that they didn't include the old Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium, and the future Twins Park. That's what makes me wonder if 2K is working on some kind of expansion disk including classic stadiums and other things. That would explain why our guys haven't gotten the code yet.

Forget about it, it isn't going to happen, there is no demand for them. Even if there was, have you ever seen an expansion for a baseball game, or really, any sports game?

2K is about as lazy as lazy gets, we are lucky to get a playable game, much less accurate or extra stadiums.

Actually I have. Early in the Tiger Woods and Links golf series they put out expansion golf course disks. But then they dropped that and devised ways for people to design and build their own courses and share them online. I guess it was just easier to let people satisfy their own needs. Which is why for the life of me I don't know why they don't just go ahead and release that kind of knowledge. By the way Jim, what do think of the odds of 2k giving the pc platform another go for 2010?

It's hard to say. I think it's all going to depend upon the sales they get for 2K9. If the demand is there AND they can make a decent profit, then they'll come out with a PC version of 2K10. If not, then they'll just stick with consoles.

I never heard of the expansions for a sports game, I stand corrected. Never thought 2K would release one either. Did they release one for 2K8, or did it already have them in it?

One of the greatest days of my life was when Accolade released a "Stadium Expansion" package for Hardball III. But I'm not old or anything :p

• 2 weeks later...

I never heard of the expansions for a sports game, I stand corrected. Never thought 2K would release one either. Did they release one for 2K8, or did it already have them in it?

Yeah, and another one was the two expansion packs for Tony Larussa 2. One was the fantasy draft expansion disk and the other was the 1993 season. Of course, this was years ago when these games were on floppy disks.

Man, I miss the Larussa game.

Archived