Mlb 2k9 Base Running

cuevad

Plays at the plate are the only player-to-player collision detection on the game.

Obvoiusly, player animations have been redone since 2k8, and well, I guess the ran out of time for collision data. I'd imagine this will be one thing that is done in 2k10.

I go hot/cold on this issue b/c on MVP there are FAR too many take-out slides on double plays. There just aren't that many in MLB. It takes a really fast runner and/or a slow developing play to get that dramatic of a take out slide, and the small fast guys that get there generally are not violent enough to cause such a "toplling, ball dropping" collision. MIddle IF's are pretty damn quick and avoid most attempts at a take-out.

I did play a game recently in which a slow chopper was hit between the mound and third base in which the pitcher and 3rd baseman collided. Of course, it happened way after the 3B threw the ball to third so it looked incredibly stupid. But even Gary Thorne proclaimed, "Oooh, they collided!" or something like that. I had no idea what he was talking about so I had to do a replay and, lo and behold, there it was. Haven't seen it since.

I did play a game recently in which a slow chopper was hit between the mound and third base in which the pitcher and 3rd baseman collided. Of course, it happened way after the 3B threw the ball to third so it looked incredibly stupid. But even Gary Thorne proclaimed, "Oooh, they collided!" or something like that. I had no idea what he was talking about so I had to do a replay and, lo and behold, there it was. Haven't seen it since.

thats interesting..my fielders collide (as in just go through each other..) ALL the time and it's never affected the play or prompted a response from thorne or phillips

Archived