Please Read!

Trues

Ok, this might sound like a contradiction of sorts based on what I wrote in my New Years greeting on the front page but these last couple of days have been pretty ridiculous to say the least.

I started this site with the intention of having a central meeting place for modders to share their thoughts, ideas and ultimately... their work. Well, it kind of took off from there and the rest is history. It's amazing to see the quality of work in a lot of these mods here. That part of the site is what I love.

What I hate are some of the attitudes in the forums. I just don't understand why some people go out of their way just to cause trouble, I don't get it. It's destroying this place and something has to change.

I'm not sure what to do yet but I will think of something. I'm not going to let a handful of people ruin this for the rest of us. We need to get back to what this place was intended for in the first place.

If you have any thoughts or ideas, please let me know.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, this might sound like a contradiction of sorts based on what I wrote in my New Years greeting on the front page but these last couple of days have been pretty ridiculous to say the least.

I started this site with the intention of having a central meeting place for modders to share their thoughts, ideas and ultimately... their work. Well, it kind of took off from there and the rest is history. It's amazing to see the quality of work in a lot of these mods here. That part of the site is what I love.

What I hate are some of the attitudes in the forums. I just don't understand why some people go out of their way just to cause trouble, I don't get it. It's destroying this place and something has to change.

I'm not sure what to do yet but I will think of something. I'm not going to let a handful of people ruin this for the rest of us. We need to get back to what this place was intended for in the first place.

If you have any thoughts or ideas, please let me know.

maybe you should keep the forums open to the modders, or get rid of the forums period....but in a community of modders and game players you have to expect at least a few bad apples...not that its right...what happened last night was very distasteful and i do appologize for anything i may have said or done...but i have a problem with a guy being idolized and praised above others because he made mods. the lack of moderation last night also fueled the fire...you gave the kids the keys to the candy shop.well i said my part and i am sorry Trues if you deem this disrepectful.thanks guys.

I think all these things happen because the MVp game is getting old and not many modders have been modding.. Cuz I see most fights happen in the off topics aka " things that doesn't relate to baseball" ....

We should definately keep the forum..

I think all these things happen because the MVp game is getting old and not many modders have been modding.. Cuz I see most fights happen in the off topics aka " things that doesn't relate to baseball" ....

We should definately keep the forum..

i agree with u 115%.....when i joined in NOVEMBER there was none of this, except for the ocassional argument......once MVP 2005 comes out i hope the modding comes back and we can stop this

just an idea limit

General Mod Talk

Completed Mods

Works in Progress

To people that that have released MODs on this site

have a section for people to ask questions about mods on the site

Maybe remove the OFF TOPIC section.

and to be completely honest you need more moderators or better moderators, banning users is never a good idea. start locking threads long before they get out of hand. I know I have been banned for no good reason before sides someone on a power trip.

A good moderator could have stoped all the **** last night before it got out of hand

maybe you should keep the forums open to the modders, or get rid of the forums period

Great Idea

but i have a problem with a guy being idolized and praised above others because he made mods. the lack of moderation last night also fueled the fire...

Respect VS idolized, modders on here get little to no respect from most of the members here, they feel it is their god given right to download and use the mods guess again. And then when they are too dumb to get the MODs working they ***** at the one who made the mod instead of searching to see what they are doing wrong. The name of this site is MVPmods, and I strongly believe you should have to have built some mods in order to be a moderator.

pick the 5+ best moders and see if the will be moderators to the forum, a forum that for the most part is closed to general population. A forum for modders by modders

A good moderator could have stoped all the [naughty word] last night before it got out of hand

I know darn well you are talking about me because you don't miss a chance to put me down. Last night was New Year's Eve. Many people were not home and at parties. Or did you forget that? And the trouble last night happened well past midnight when the younger users were on here. I'm telling you right now, I refuse to defend myself against you anymore.

i would keep PM's going...not forums....and let me ask you...what happens if they make the game unmoddable like madden? then what happens? if that happens i see this site going down in flames...

if they make it unmoddable.. (spelling) .. then we would only have like "MVP 05' Talk" where you have idea, strategy, and general discussions about the game.

i think we wouldn't need mods if only topic was MVP 04 and MVP 05...

How can that cause a fight?

btw.. wheres Snepp? 8)

No, no and no again. Part of this board is the coming together of the modders with their creations for the game and the downloading and discussing of that. Part of it is just for talk about sports and anything else.

As for snepp, he's gone right now and I wish he would get back.

I agree with the more moderators idea, although this past incident happened on New Years Eve US time, so it's unlikely there would be any moderators on the board no matter how many there were, unless you had a mod that had no life whatsoever or lived in a non-US timezone.

also, in other forums I've frequented that have had problems with annoying kids, they removed sigs and post counts and that sort of superflous fluff.

They seem to cause distraction from the topic at hand. Granted the 'sigs' thread is the most popular on this board, but sigs don't seem to have much to do with MVP modification. Seems to me to be more of an outlet for sexually frustated teenagers who have a copy of Photoshop

Again this is just my opinion and a suggestion, so all you sig loving people for whom making sigs is the centrepiece of their lives, perhaps a "Hory is teh sucks" sig could be your next effort.

I know darn well you are talking about me because you don't miss a chance to put me down. Last night was New Year's Eve. Many people were not home and at parties. Or did you forget that? And the trouble last night happened well past midnight when the younger users were on here. I'm telling you right now, I refuse to defend myself against you anymore.

You are just way off base yet again, I was not talking about you, I assumed no moderators were around last night. But it is nice of you to jump to conclusions again when it comes to me. Some things never change

I did not say your name but yet you feel the need to announce you refuse to defend yourself, and try to make me seem like the bad guy yet again, what is with that?

Me thinks thou dost protest too much

I think you better shut up right now. Since this crap has started I have little or no patience in here and none ever again concerning you.

If you don't like it, then you go too. You're only unbanned because fuzz asked me to because he needed someone to back him for some online baseball league dispute.

I think you better shut up right now. Since this crap has started I have little or no patience in here and none ever again concerning you.

If you don't like it, then you go too. You're only unbanned because fuzz asked me to because he needed someone to back him for some online baseball league dispute.

lol

Come Y4L, that's a bit uncalled for, you totally misinterpreted what kraw was saying and now you insult him for it? Isn't this the kinda thing we're trying to get rid of?

I misinterpreted nothing. I knew darn well what he meant. He's held a grudge against me since I deleted his secondary account in here some time ago.

Come Y4L, that's a bit uncalled for, you totally misinterpreted what kraw was saying and now you insult him for it? Isn't this the kinda thing we're trying to get rid of?

have you not seen the posts Kraw has made, objecting to everything Y4L has said in the last month or two? and this right here, if that's not sarcastic patronizing, color me retarded. if you're going to say something about this topic, of all topics, you should really know what's going on. i like kraw and i have no problem with him, but i'm not blind, i've seen what has been going between he and Y4L.

have you not seen the posts Kraw has made, objecting to everything Y4L has said in the last month or two? and this right here, if that's not sarcastic patronizing, color me retarded. if you're going to say something about this topic, of all topics, you should really know what's going on. i like kraw and i have no problem with him, but i'm not blind, i've seen what has been going between he and Y4L.

forum walls are crumbling....the moment of reconing is upon us....go away evil sprits from the minions of satan himself......

Archived