Please Read!

Trues

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the more moderators idea, although this past incident happened on New Years Eve US time, so it's unlikely there would be any moderators on the board no matter how many there were, unless you had a mod that had no life whatsoever or lived in a non-US timezone.

also, in other forums I've frequented that have had problems with annoying kids, they removed sigs and post counts and that sort of superflous fluff.

They seem to cause distraction from the topic at hand. Granted the 'sigs' thread is the most popular on this board, but sigs don't seem to have much to do with MVP modification. Seems to me to be more of an outlet for sexually frustated teenagers who have a copy of Photoshop

Again this is just my opinion and a suggestion, so all you sig loving people for whom making sigs is the centrepiece of their lives, perhaps a "Hory is teh sucks" sig could be your next effort.

What is your major obsession with trying to get the sigs. thread removed? and now what's your major problem with my style and with me?

i don't know how they do things over in New Zealand, but i don't like it. no the sigs. thread has nothing to do mvp mods, but it's a place were the members of this site that can't mod, get together and create these works of art.

for sexually frustated teenagers

if that's me, i'm not sexually frustrated, maybe sexually exhausted, but not frustrated.

i'm not looking to start a fight, but you're really opinionated, and it seems to mainly be directed at me. or things i like ... like my sigs. and my post count.

No, you let your personal history with kraw cloud your judgement, krawitham doesn't like me much either, but it doesn't mean I have to view everything he says as a personal slight on me.

"A good moderator could have stopped all the [naughty word] last night before it got out of hand "

To me that does not look like a diss on you, merely a statement of fact.

In that if there was a moderator on the site last night, then none of this crap would've happened.

There are 4 or 5 moderators on this site so if he was insulting anyone (which he wasn't) it would be all the mods, not just you.

If you want, I'll make the same statement myself, because it's true.

Since we don't have a big grudge thing going on (I think), you can take the statement at face value.

A good moderator could have stopped all the crap last night before it got out of hand, unfortunately it was New Years Eve, so there were no mods.

What is your major obsession with trying to get the sigs. thread removed? and now what's your major problem with my style and with me?

i don't know how they do things over in New Zealand, but i don't like it. no the sigs. thread has nothing to do mvp mods, but it's a place were the members of this site that can't mod, get together and create these works of art.

if that's me, i'm not sexually frustrated, maybe sexually exhausted, but not frustrated.

i'm not looking to start a fight, but you're really opinionated, and it seems to mainly be directed at me. or things i like ... like my sigs. and my post count.

hells yeah i got my jollies off looking at sigs.....

No, you let your personal history with kraw cloud your judgement, krawitham doesn't like me much either, but it doesn't mean I have to view everything he says as a personal slight on me.

"A good moderator could have stopped all the [naughty word] last night before it got out of hand "

To me that does not look like a diss on you, merely a statement of fact.

In that if there was a moderator on the site last night, then none of this crap would've happened.

There are 4 or 5 moderators on this site so if he was insulting anyone (which he wasn't) it would be all the mods, not just you.

If you want, I'll make the same statement myself, because it's true.

Since we don't have a big grudge thing going on (I think), you can take the statement at face value.

A good moderator could have stopped all the crap last night before it got out of hand, unfortunately it was New Years Eve, so there were no mods.

and it was 2 AM

DO NOT BLAME Y4L or any of the mods!!!!

it was 2 AM on new years eve, the only thing i would think is to expand to add a few more moderators

"

the difference between you and me is that kraw has been on my back non-stop with snide remarks. With you it is a different story. That's why I have less patience with him compared to you.

just an idea limit

General Mod Talk

Completed Mods

Works in Progress

To people that that have released MODs on this site

have a section for people to ask questions about mods on the site

Maybe remove the OFF TOPIC section.

and to be completely honest you need more moderators or better moderators, banning users is never a good idea. start locking threads long before they get out of hand. I know I have been banned for no good reason before sides someone on a power trip.

A good moderator could have stoped all the [naughty word] last night before it got out of hand

Great Idea

Respect VS idolized, modders on here get little to no respect from most of the members here, they feel it is their god given right to download and use the mods guess again. And then when they are too dumb to get the MODs working they [naughty word] at the one who made the mod instead of searching to see what they are doing wrong. The name of this site is MVPmods, and I strongly believe you should have to have built some mods in order to be a moderator.

pick the 5+ best moders and see if the will be moderators to the forum, a forum that for the most part is closed to general population. A forum for modders by modders

its a message board

we come here to discuss and post things

when it is winter, theres only a few people still modding soo, what would this place have to talk about

you act like the only way to get rid of the problem is to get rid of the place :roll:

etc... etc....

My opinions about sigs and post counts etc are not based on my opinions of you Mr Moose. They are based on having used a lot of forums over the years.

It's not the thread I suggested being removed as such, more the sigs on users posts. I know my suggestion would never be implemented on this site. but I've seen it work well on other sites and that's why I suggested it.

My opinions about sigs and post counts etc are not based on my opinions of you Mr Moose. They are based on having used a lot of forums over the years.

It's not the thread I suggested being removed as such, more the sigs on users posts. I know my suggestion would never be implemented on this site. but I've seen it work well on other sites and that's why I suggested it.

whats wrong with having a sig, i remember people by there sigs, it ads color to the boards

its a message board

we come here to discuss and post things

when it is winter, theres only a few people still modding soo, what would this place have to talk about

you act like the only way to get rid of the problem is to get rid of the place :roll:

Here! Here!

i know i don't post as frequently as i used to, but i do frequenlty come to the froums and just read whats going on. i have been disappointed in the behavior of several people and i dont agree with this banning idea even thought ill prolly get a nice ban for this suggestion but.... why dont we ban the people who seem to cause all the problems.... all the new york fans :lol::lol::lol:

go cubs!!!

-jhath

Just for good measure.... George's statement on Feb 23, 2004:

"We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction," Steinbrenner's statement read. "Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston. It is understandable, but wrong, that he would try to deflect the accountability for his mistakes onto others and to a system for which he voted in favor.

yea who won the world series???? :lol:

Different forums for different topics is fine. It seems to work just fine here and in other places. The problem from my perspective is that some people get disrespectful at times. One things leads to another and eventually all out war breaks out. If people get disrespectful I say warn them and then boot em out if needed.

If people want to argue with each other then either create an Anything Goes forum specifically for that or simply warn them and if they don't want to behave them boot em out.

These forums need people to respect each other. Once the respect stops then the whole forum goes down hill in a hurry. Differences of opinion are fine and there's no reason people can't make valid cases to back up their arguments. However, when people get disrespectful that's where the forums go down hill.

Why not create a certain system....how about making posting messages like certain forums do it, by making a certain limit as to when you can post new topics, say in your 100th post, you can be enabled to post a new thread. This in turn prevents repeated postings of the same stuff.

Also there should be a 25 character limit on your messages, such as the site AllHipHop.com has on their message board system. This prevents free posting and meaningless messages such as "lol"

Although I see your points KC, that system does discourage noteworthy posting. No matter what rule you can put in effect to control spamming, the best way is to moderate yourself. If you have nothing to say except all the time saying "yeah" or "hahaha" or things of that nature, then you are wasting everyone's time.

Although I see your points KC, that system does discourage noteworthy posting. No matter what rule you can put in effect to control spamming, the best way is to moderate yourself. If you have nothing to say except all the time saying "yeah" or "hahaha" or things of that nature, then you are wasting everyone's time.

yeah ...

or hahaha. :lol:

Archived