Chris Webby

D-Unit

I figured anyone who was interested in music, particularly rap should check this guy out. His name's Chris Webby, and he's been rapping most of his life and now he's starting to get a lot of attention in my local area. He just put out a pretty nice LP out around May (for free) and is working on a new mixtape called Teenage Mutant Ninja Rapper which will be released in September. He's got sick punchlines, doesn't try to act like a wigger despite his love for rap, and can freestyle pretty much on the spot, I've been on his online broadcasts and people just name beats and he spits them out. He's not as big as Asher Roth but I think Roth is trash to be honest, and this guy can rap.

Here's his myspace, www.myspace.com/chriswebbyrap

He also just did a short verse for a japanese commercial the other day, you can hear it here. http://www.qphalf.com/pc/gallery.html?scene=tvcm60

Let me know what you think, and spread the word.

webby.jpg

This guy?

I listened to his "I Love College" remix on YouTube. It sucked. I listed to "La La La" on YouTube. It sucked, even for a weed track. I listened to "50 Barz". It sucked.

He falls into the trap of having far too many analogies in his tracks.

Ironically enough, I'm watching the film "Whiteboys" just now. From what I've seen of this guy, he reminds me of the main character.

Sory D-Unit, but this guy probably won't (and shouldn't) make it anywhere other than as a local MC who eventually grows up and gets a 9-5.

Archived