Recommendations For A Newbie

apocalypse

Hi again, the European baseball ignoramus here again. :D

I installed the 07 total conversion mod today, been playing like a madman and I like it so much that I have decided to come back permanently to MVP 2005. It can't match MLB 2k9 in eye candy but somehow this game has more "spirit" in a way. Hard to put my finger on it but this is the game I originally fell in love with. And besides, I'm actually learning to play it and have educated myself with this great sport a bit more.

Anyway... I'm pretty impressed with the 07 mod and I'd like to get my game pretty much up to date. Would it be too much to ask if you could lead me to the right direction. What mods do you recommend to install on top of this great total conversion? Any "essential" stuff (besides rosters of course)?

PS: I recall we had a spot for the box scores here? Where I can upload mine (if I decide to start a dynasty thread)?

Sorry for the stupid n00b Q's but I'm pretty much out of touch with everything regarding the mods.

Thanks.

Well, no cd cracks are not supported on this site, so you likely wont get many good answers.

EDIT: It's not that images are a bad thing (if you make your own back ups), just the illegal ones... Sorry if I misunderstood your previous post.

There are other ways to play the games so you don't wreck your CDs :)

I'll try to find you a link and post back with it.

My game was bought from Ebay.co.uk seller and it's not warez. I always use the nocd crack for ALL my games for more comfortable use... especially the old games that had multiple CDs. Didn't know they're a taboo here and I didn't consider them "evil" at all.

I definitely didn't want to cause any trouble. :(

Now that you've got everything all set with the '07 mod, here's something new for you -- You can get an '08 Total Conversion mod over at EAMods.com. Be aware that when you run the supplied installer, it will ask for the MVP05 CD's as part of the install process. Also, since it also installs all of the EA patches for the game, you will find that your No-CD crack no longer works.

As emath pointed out, we don't encourage, support or discuss No-CD cracks here, but I figured I'd give you a heads up since you'd be in for an unpleasant surprise if you spent the time to install '08 mod and then found that you could not play it.

There are legitimate ways to play the game without having to use your CD's. Others have created "mini images" that are disc images that sit on your hard drive and when you mount them, the game thinks that it is using a CD when in fact it is not. I have never done this myself, but if you search the forums here or at EAMods, you can find information on how to create and use them.

Thanks for all your help gentlemen. Much appreciated.

I'm really getting into this game.

PS: What kind of batting power you generally use... I have played a lot and have never recorded a straight home run and batted the ball to the stands. However AI does that all the time. Is it even possible to hit the ball to the stands with batting power at 0?

Thanks for all your help gentlemen. Much appreciated.

I'm really getting into this game.

PS: What kind of batting power you generally use... I have played a lot and have never recorded a straight home run and batted the ball to the stands. However AI does that all the time. Is it even possible to hit the ball to the stands with batting power at 0?

You can try this slider set if you want.  I've been using them for my dynasty and have recently adjusted a couple of things, pitch speed, User OF Speed, etc.  Once you get used to them, you should see a realistic amount of power from both sides.  

GAMEPLAY OPTIONS

Difficulty = Pro

Fielding = Manual

Batting View = 5-Other Angle

Fielding View = Ariel

Strike Zone = Off

Hot/Cold Zones = Off

Pitch Cursor = Fade

Hitter's Eye = Off

Catch Circle Assist = On

Variable Strike Zone = On

Base Umpire Blown Calls = On