2 New Nike Cleats Mod

rows24

• 5 weeks later...

I was wondering can someone still help me with this mod. I cant get the the cleates to install using MLB thingy. I get a line 1 error. This is for the 2 new nike clears mod. Can this be converted a different way to get it installed in the global IFF.

• 2 weeks later...

yea good luck getting a reply. i've asked for help here in several topics getting the nike cleats mod to work with the custom rosters and it's very hard getting anyone to reply. i just give up, i can't figure this stuff out and the people who made the mod don't even come to this forum anymore. i've PMed them, so i hope if they ever come back here, they would give me some help.

have u used the iff editor to install them??ive never used the mlb thingy ma bob *lol*

i have the iff edit app but i have no idea how to replace the default cleats with the nike ones and have it show up on all the players. i tried to open the global iff file with the iffedit but from there i am totally lost on what to do.

i have the iff edit app but i have no idea how to replace the default cleats with the nike ones and have it show up on all the players. i tried to open the global iff file with the iffedit but from there i am totally lost on what to do.

There is a thread about how to use the iff editor.

I am not being a smart-**** or anything, but that's how most of us learned to use the iff editor. Very few of us arrived with the knowledge of how to mod or install mods .... there are lots of threads that describe how to do it.

That's likely why there are not many responses ... the answer already exists in a thread.

The iff editor is really easy to use. Once you do it once, it's be very easy from then on.

yea it probably is but also realize not everyone has the same level of proficiency with these things. i guess what i was looking for was someone with the knowledge to just give me a quick instructions on how to get the cleats to show up on all the players. i am not really interested in using the editor to fiddle with the game, all i want are the cleats. but it seems like i have to read up on some things and learn this stuff. it probably is easy from the perspective of already knowing how to do it, but to me the learning curve is not something i'm comfortable tackling. i wish the mods are made so that i can just install them and they would just show up. all this editing some file with an editor to make them to show up stuff is making me shy away.

i know a lot of people have the attitude you have, and i have no problems with that. if it was actually easy, i'm sure somebody would have helped me out already. this leads me to believe only a few people actually know how to do what i'm trying to achieve and who knows if they're willing to help. and yeah, i know how a lot of people get worked up here about the "answer already exists" somewhere out there, but sometimes getting a quick answer by asking a question can be more efficient that trying to dig up an answer looking through threads, especially when you're not as savvy as others.

for now i'm just giving up and moving on. i guess it's not worth the effort. i did get somebody to reply back to my PM, but even he does not know how to do this. if he can't, i sure as hell can't.

learning curve? you click and drag and it says so in the readme file included with the application.

and what "attitude" is that? the one where you actually take 15 min to find the answer you want rather than spending it bitching that no one will hand feed you the answer?

I have also tried to get numerous responses but im glad someone has finally answered this one about the cleates, thank you. I have also had trouble using the iff editor, has anyone got it to work running windows vista operating system. I also had requested a new cyberface for CC Sabathia without a beard and no one has replied.

There was something being worked on with the fielding gloves, has there been any luck?

I wonder how much junk would be generated on the forum if every request was answered by everyone who viewed the thread saying "Sorry, I don't have time", "Not interested", "Can't be done" etc. There are probably thousands of threads that have been made and haven't had a reply. It's nothing personal, but just because you request something, no matter how popular it may be, doesn't mean it'll get done.

No-one here is under any obligation to make mods. You want them so much, make them yourself. And yes, now you're thinking "I can't run the IFF Editor on my PC, so I can't make them myself" - I know that because these posts from certain people are becoming so predictable - so what's the answer? Figure out a way to do it. You can't run the IFF Editor because you have Vista? So dual-boot with XP, or use a PC that doesn't have Vista and the IFF Editor runs on it. Don't know how to dual-boot? Learn. Don't have any other PCs available to run the editor on? You're either wrong or are probably lying.

It's really not such a huge deal. So what, C.C. has a beard, a stadium ad isn't where it should be or a uniform isn't 110% correct? If that's such a huge concern, God help you when you have some real-life problems to deal with.

Ok Mark B, I here you but if thats the attitude you guys want to have than you may as well stop asking for donations for this site, you have a limit on the downloads and you guys may as well delete the mod request forums, and help forums. And second of all I dont have a problem dealing with real life problems. And no I dont have 3 other PCs sitting around to play with and 5 different operating systems to try and figure out how to do this stuff. Secondly I dont have the time to sit here and figure this stuff out, that is why constantly ask for something I would like to see. I have a day job, one that requires me to work 40+ a week. Sometimes I dont have enough time to play so when I do I ask questions. Lately tou guys around this site have become real sore. I was here during the MVP 04 and 05 and after days and you guys were more willing to help and deal with the same type of issues becasue everyone was into MVP. But since 2k has become part of the modding world, attitudes have changed around here. If you guys who set this thing up are not going to continue to treat us the same the ones who come here than some things should be changed on how you do thingss around here.

well i found out today that the iff editor doesnt work on windows 7 either,tys roster editor still works though maybe i should get a 1tb harddrive that way i can dual boot xp and windows 7 and have room for all my games and programs as well *lol* seems like every time a new Op system comes out it makes something non functional another thing i found out is i have to have 2 explorer browsers one thats 64bit and one thats 32 bit just to make things more complicated

first off are you in kindergarden? cuz calling something that has a name "The MLB Thingy" makes you sound like it.

Secondly if you are using a 64 bit operating system the IFF editor doesn't work in the way you can download it though it can be edited to do so.

If your using vista its very likely that it requires you run it as Admin and/or in XP compatibility mode.

If none of that works you might try to look for help on the forums of the NBA 2k9 site where the program first appeared.

Had to convert some quotes to code to get around the quotes limit.

Ok Mark B, I here you but if thats the attitude you guys want to have

Hold up right there, chief. That's not the attitude anyone wants to have - that's my personal opinion. It doesn't reflect the views of Trues or any of the other staff members, it's just my opinion.

than you may as well stop asking for donations for this site

And if we did that, how, pray tell, would the server costs be covered?

you have a limit on the downloads and you guys may as well delete the mod request forums, and help forums.

Any reason why, or is this just hyperbole? The reason we limit downloads is to ensure that the ones who support the site, namely, the contributors, get access to the files they want to download when they want to. Of course they get preferential treatment - they've donated, either financially, via their modding work, or via their time on the site - a great deal to the community, and it wouldn't be here without them. Also, a 2 download per day limit for non-contributors should, hopefully, encourage some to become contributors in one way or another, meaning that both the site and them get something from the deal - they get access to the files they want when they want them, the site is able to continue to operate by way of a financial donation to help cover the costs, a mod that helps the community, or support in the forums that helps people having problems.

And second of all I dont have a problem dealing with real life problems

I didn't suggest you did - in fact, none of my post was directed at you specifically, it was a general statement about how some people were making unreasonable demands. I remarked that if not having a simulated baseball game up to date was as huge a concern as you, and some others, were making it out to be, life would really collapse if there were a real problem.

And no I dont have 3 other PCs sitting around to play with and 5 different operating systems to try and figure out how to do this stuff.

Again, I didn't suggest you did. Do any of your friends have PCs running an OS other than Windows Vista? Doesn't your local public library have PCs available for use? I doubt they'd use Vista as not only is Vista take-up in governmental and business environments tiny compared to XP or 2000, it would cost a hell of a lot of money to buy licenses and upgrade the hardware. Also, are there any internet cafes in your area? Another option.

Secondly

Already been there.

I dont have the time to sit here and figure this stuff out

Ahh, you don't have time to learn. I'm beginning to see the whole picture now.

that is why constantly ask for something I would like to see. I have a day job, one that requires me to work 40+ a week.

As do most of the people on this site, particularly the modders, who you, by your own admission, constantly ask for mods to be made of specific things. Modders, generally, have their own ideas of what mods they're making, and when. If they get requests, they'll usually add them to a list and get around to them if and when they can. I've made a few mods in the past, the most time consuming being my Waterfront Park stadium mods, and they took up a lot of time. I made them while I was working a full time job as well, yet still included time for family and friends, social engagements, off-the-clock work for my job and helping out on the forums here while working on the stadium. With that said, that mod was nowhere near as good as ones you'd see from the real stadium modders, guys like Sean O, rolie, Pirate and the rest, and they are in the same position. If you want something enough of you're dedicated enough, you'll get it. It applies in life for the most part, and it applies in the modding community too.

Sometimes I dont have enough time to play so when I do I ask questions.

That's fine. No-one is discouraging you from that, but when you start to post the same question 3, 4, 5 times, it gets a bit repetitive, especially when you throw in comments like "I also had requested a new cyberface for CC Sabathia without a beard and no one has replied."

Lately tou guys around this site have become real sore.
I respectfully disagree, but bear in mind that there might just be a reason for it.
I was here during the MVP 04 and 05 and after days and you guys were more willing to help and deal with the same type of issues becasue everyone was into MVP. But since 2k has become part of the modding world, attitudes have changed around here
Of course they have, what would you expect? Much more could be modded with MVP and it was a much more accepted game, so seeing a request for a cyberface was no big deal. Even a part-time modder could whip up a basic cyberface in a matter of hours. With 2K9, it's not been as well received overall, it's currently impossible to make certain mods, and the ones that can be made are more troublesome, so the zest for modding overall has gone down. Thus, repeated requests for mods only help to zap the strength of the modders that little bit more. If something can't be done or no-one is willing to do it, it's unlikely that you'll be able to coerce them into it just by asking for the same thing over and over again on a forum, even if it is entitled "Mod requests". There's a limit to how far it can go.
If you guys who set this thing up are not going to continue to treat us the same the ones who come here than some things should be changed on how you do thingss around here.

I don't really understand what this says, so I can't answer it, but we've always been open to feedback and suggestions on how the site can improve. If you really care enough about the community as a whole and not just getting specific mods, and can muster enough energy, please feel free to fill out the contact form, which is linked at the top of the page, and offer any feedback and suggestions there. That's why these things are here.

Ok Mark B, I here you but if thats the attitude you guys want to have than you may as well stop asking for donations for this site, you have a limit on the downloads and you guys may as well delete the mod request forums, and help forums. And second of all I dont have a problem dealing with real life problems. And no I dont have 3 other PCs sitting around to play with and 5 different operating systems to try and figure out how to do this stuff. Secondly I dont have the time to sit here and figure this stuff out, that is why constantly ask for something I would like to see. I have a day job, one that requires me to work 40+ a week. Sometimes I dont have enough time to play so when I do I ask questions. Lately tou guys around this site have become real sore. I was here during the MVP 04 and 05 and after days and you guys were more willing to help and deal with the same type of issues becasue everyone was into MVP. But since 2k has become part of the modding world, attitudes have changed around here. If you guys who set this thing up are not going to continue to treat us the same the ones who come here than some things should be changed on how you do thingss around here.

Most of us work. Many of us work 40+ hours as well. Some of us have families. Some of us have other hobbies.

It's not as if the modders are a group of lifeless nerds that sit around just waiting to answer a question or take on a mod request project.

You're going to have to decide if it is worth it to you to do a little reading and some learning in order to use the mods you would like to use. I don't think, based on the replies, that anyone is particularly interested in doing the leg work for you or sacrificing their time to provide a step-by-step guide for such a simple thing.

I think once you use the iff editor and see just how easy it is, you're going to look back on this thread and be a little embarrassed of your request and the resultant stink that it has caused.

I do find the attitude of "the modding community should serve me" (intentionally or otherwise) to be more and more prevalent, which is bothersome. To be fair, that attitude is increasing in society and not just on modding forums. Everyone else exists to serve me and make my life easier. That seems to be today's motto. But, I'm getting a little off track.

All of the information and tools for any mods are already posted at this site. It may take some research, reading, experimentation, practice, etc on behalf of the user ... but that's life.

haha, aren't you the same guy who wrote this in the nike cleats thread?

Any setp-by-step advice at how to go about that? ... Or a link to a description.

At this point, I'm pretty iff illiterate.

I've downloaded the editor and tutorial, and while I am usually pretty sharp when it comes to using programs, I'm somewhat lost on this one. People talk as if it is simple, so I am fuly willing to accept that it might just be me who's to blame for the lack of understanding.

when others ask in nearly the same fashion, it's not cool that we don't figure it out on our own?

again, no offense to some of you guys, but sometimes it's too hard to realize something you consider easy isn't necessarily easy for all. reluctance to share the knowledge is one thing but to expect everyone to have the same computing proficiency is unrealistic. no problem though, you guys don't owe anyone anything in the end. if someone wants to help, they will, instead of telling us to figure it out.

IFF EDITOR, IFF EDITOR......................... IF I could use the IFF editor I would but it seems you guys dont get the point why I ask for help. It is because the IFF editor will not run on my operating system, and oh im sorry i sold my old CPU that had windows xp but if i still had it I would be using it to do what I am asking. This is just funny.

You sold a CPU that had Windows XP on it? You shouldn't have, that would be quite a technological advancement - I'm pretty sure Intel and AMD would be interested to know how you managed to install an operating system like Windows XP onto a chip.

You could have made a lot of money with that.

Archived