That's Beyond Weird...

CurveBall

Alright, I've seen a lot of stuff during my season in franchise mode but I'm not sure if anything compares to that:

I'm playing with the Pirates and I'm visiting the Milwaukee Brewers. It's the top of the 12th inning, the score is 5-5. Garrett Jones leads off with a triple. Then, my catcher (not an actual MLB player) comes to bat and hits a long fly ball to left field. Garrett Jones takes off from third and scores easily...

...but wait a minute: I look to the top of the screen, and the overlay says the score is still 5-5 with one out. So, the out was recorded but the run wasn't. So I think...maybe Jones never left third...but the bases are empty. How can that be? I then check the game summary to see what happened. It says "G. Jones strikes out swinging", and then my catcher "flies out to left" (or something like that). I was incredulous...

And guess what happens next? Yes, that's right, I've lost the game in the bottom of the 12th. It's too bad we're not allowed to curse on this board... :huh:

Sometimes I get that impression that the computer just DOESN'T want you to win, no matter what you do.

One of the many number of reasons why I quickly stopped playing that game.

I never experienced that, but far too many 5+ run half innings (in the middle innings) for pitcher's who were cruising up to that point (for both teams). It got to be where it was predictable that a 0-0 game in 4th would turn into a 8-6 game by the 6th.

The game played well through almost 50 games and then all heck broke lose.

Archived