Espn: Mlb 2K10 Producer Q&A

Maestro23

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=4861306

When it comes to their baseball franchise, the producers at 2K Sports are full of two things apologies and promises. Apologies for the virtual atrocity that was "MLB 2K9," and promises of big changes to come in "2K10."

"It's not like Major League Baseball is yelling at us and telling us to make a good game," says PR rep, Ryan Jones. "But 2K Sports takes a lot of pride in making great sports games. We weren't happy with last year's title, but we're dong everything we can to improve it."

Adds producer Ben Bishop: "There's a lot of pressure on us to make a good game, and obviously Major League Baseball wants to see as good of a game as possible, but the biggest thing for us is improving the quality of this franchise."

Just how do they plan to do that? I sat down with Bishop after playing a few innings to discuss the fine points.

Of course we all know that one of the first rules of marketing/advertising/selling a product is to not give the consumer too much pre release.  A teaser, so to speak.  But from knowing their history, when does that fine line disappear into reluctancy?  

Sorry, but this "shady outfit" (as my dad liked to say) isn't fooling me.  There was nothing wrong, IMO, with the way the game looked and sounded last year.

JUST FIX IT, AND I'LL BUY IT.   :mellow:

Talk is cheap. Show me some ******* gameplay video already.

Like some video of pitcher/hitter, if that's the supposed focus. They have the best pitching mechanic in baseball (even beating Pro Yakyuu), just refine it and have an acceptable auto-field.

I'm seeing some positive signs. They fixed up Wrigley and Nationals Park nicely. Hopefully they gave me something to work with with OPACY as well.

They completely redid all the stadium models and graphics.

The gameplay is supposedly better as well.

It would be nice if they would do something for those people who purchased 2K9 though as they've basically admitted it was crap...

We've said it before, but I'll say it again: 2k10 could get a ton of press by making it easily moddable. 2ksports needs positive press, and letting everyone here work on the rosters, stadiums and unis would give them something unique.

All I need is a connection to 3d studio max, I'll figure out the rest.

Archived