Classic Buttons Question

Guest 187

yep, that's for 360. i guess it is in pc version too, they just didn't map the button for entering that menu. last year it was number 4 on the keyboard, this year there isn't one. we should bomb ronnie with these questions couse it's obvious he doesn't have a clue about what's going on. i don't know if i'll be able to play this game without classic hitting...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Ronnie...he's really the only 2k active on the 2k forum and the guy that everybody mails if they have any questions but I guess that's what it takes to be the Admin.

I asked him about some things before and he didn't know about the available region versions of the game and he didn't know about a direct download...

I wish I knew more about how the guts of the game work on the back end. Seems like there has to be a file that can be modified for this. Unfortunately, I am a garden-variety idiot when it comes to this stuff, hence my allegiance to MVPmods.com, where the smart people are.

Mabe somebody can find the correct mapping from the 360 to a logitech.One BIG question though......If I get the 360 pc pad will it give the classic hitting and pitching options, if so I am on my way to fry's right now:D

Craig

I have the xbox 360 pad for the pc but haven't figured out a way to do it yet, so you might wanna wait first.

I have the xbox 360 pad for the pc but haven't figured out a way to do it yet, so you might wanna wait first.

The fact that the option doesn't appear in the advertised spot (maybe someone with a 360 screen shot can post one to show where it's supposed to be) leads me to believe it's not a controller problem. Whether or not the option is coded into the game or not (which I suspect it was, just a hunch), they have left out the option for turning it on or off. Even if you just have your keyboard as the controller, it's not listed in the PC build.

10 minutes of QE would have made this the best PC sports game in 5 years.

Got a response from Ronnie.

"I am letting them know, but I think it’s in there. Isn’t there a keyboard button associated with the triggers? Are you using a controller?"

I responded and told him I pressed every single key on the keyboard along with every button on my controller. Also told him other people were having issues here as well.

Okay, I think he is on the same page now.

I tried to poke at him for a possible release of a patch for the PC version and possibly when they will fix this. No dice trying to get an ETA for that patch (of course), but he told them to look into it, so I'm thinking it will most likely be fixed with the PC patch (whenever that comes out).

So now the waiting game :(

any tips on power hitting? i can hit with contact, but i just can't get the timing down with power swing :(

I don't use the power-swing at all anymore. I just use the contact swing only and have probably hit 20+ homers just using that. When I was using the power-swing I was getting poor timing and way less hits. Give it a try and you'll see that the contact swing when timed right can definately go yard!

I have the contact set to 0 and it yields realistic types and amount of hits per game. This game is so outta whack that it takes setting the contact to 0 to get realistic results.

The game actually isn't bad this year though. I actually play exhibition games. I never did last year because it was absolute **** last year.

I usually use power swings on the first two strikes, then contact on the last strike. I play the PC version, so obviously I'm using the " swing stick ". I've attached my slider settings file if anyone wants to give 'em a try.

*Updated ( had the pitch break slider to 0 by accident )

Difficulty Sliders.rar

Great, just great.Back the game goes until it is fixed.This is probably a very stupid question, but any time frame for when the patch will be released?

Craig

My guess: Probably towards the end of April. Unless you downloaded the game, in which case, don't hold your breath.

I was pretty bummed out when the classic wasn't available, but now that I've gotten the hang of the analog stick for hitting it really doesn't matter now. Just need to practice with it and it will get better and better.

Same thought I had - I am getting adjusted to it. Still want the patch to fix a few of the annoying bugs though.

I was pretty bummed out when the classic wasn't available, but now that I've gotten the hang of the analog stick for hitting it really doesn't matter now. Just need to practice with it and it will get better and better.

I agree, I'm hitting about .300 now on good days. I still strike out way too much, but at least I hit sometimes.

Archived