Classic Buttons Question

Guest 187

I have yet to find the option to change to classic hitting/batting/fielding. Anybody know where do I go to change the settings?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't find it either.. But I get the feeling it's "Supposed" to be there, but setting up the controls is equally (or perhaps more) frustrating than it was in 2K9 for me with my logitech dual action. In 2k9 it was a keyboard stroke to change to classic when in this menu, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Keep us posted on the classic controls

I take it that the switching to fielder closest to the ball is the closest we get to auto fielding? I tried this last year the few times I played 2K9 onPS3 - it helped. I to have done most of my fielding in MVP in 'auto' mode.

Keep us posted on the classic controls

I take it that the switching to fielder closest to the ball is the closest we get to auto fielding? I tried this last year the few times I played 2K9 onPS3 - it helped. I to have done most of my fielding in MVP in 'auto' mode.

Any updates on how to access the classic controls?

Craig

How can they overlook such a thing ? Last year it was the uniforms. They didn't get dirty. Now, it's this ? * shakes head *

I seriously don't understand why they even bother porting the game ( obviously they only do it for money. they don't really care about their pc customers. ) if they're gonna do such a bad job.

Sort of disagree with this. 2k came out with a game with very few bugs and a lot of elements in a baseball simulation on the computer that we have never seen before. Not liking the controls is more of a difference in opinion rather than bad. You might not like it but others do! The controls have a bit of a learning curve but its important to remember that 2k didn't set out to make MVP Baseball 2005 with good graphics its its own game.

Sort of disagree with this. 2k came out with a game with very few bugs and a lot of elements in a baseball simulation on the computer that we have never seen before. Not liking the controls is more of a difference in opinion rather than bad. You might not like it but others do! The controls have a bit of a learning curve but its important to remember that 2k didn't set out to make MVP Baseball 2005 with good graphics its its own game.

I didn't say I don't like the controls, but if the PC port doesn't have the option for " classic controls ", then something is wrong and they didn't port it correctly.

Any for sure news that this game does not have classic controls yet.If I do the stick hitting and do not move the left stick at all will I get a variety of hits and homers based on stats or will it just be up the middle everytime?

Craig

Most of what you say is true. However, classic controls were advertised in advance. Therefore, this is not a matter of opinion.

i love stick pitching but i hate stick hitting. my thumb hurts :( i can't do the power swing at all. so, i was thinking - does anyone have mlb 2k9 installed? can they set their controllers there to classic hitting, then paste the control. config file in their mlb 2k10 game and see if it works... i doubt it, but i guess it's worth a shot.

Nope. Nobody "official" in the 2K forum has even addressed it. I sent an email to their tech support address listed in the manual 3 days ago, no response.

Same here. Here's the email that I sent; Hi. I purchased mlb2k9 last year and there were a lot of problems with the game (PC version) as you are well aware. I was looking forward to a much improved game this year with mlb2k10. I purchased the game on the first day it was available for PC from Game Stop. As I endeavor to enjoy the game I was wondering was the “Classic Buttons” for hitting, fielding and pitching in this year’s game? This made the game last year, even with all it’s bugs, tolerable. Could you please tell me, if it’s in the game, how I can access it?

Thanks

i love stick pitching but i hate stick hitting. my thumb hurts :( i can't do the power swing at all. so, i was thinking - does anyone have mlb 2k9 installed? can they set their controllers there to classic hitting, then paste the control. config file in their mlb 2k10 game and see if it works... i doubt it, but i guess it's worth a shot.

I tired that a few days back. Didn't work. Neither does mapping your batting to a button instead of the stick, that totally screws everything up.

I received a response from Ronnie about an hour ago.

Here is what he said....

"Do you mean for online or offline? It’s my understanding that it’s in there on both."

I have only tried playing offline. If it's in there, there doesn't appear to be a way to turn it on.

I have only tried playing offline. If it's in there, there doesn't appear to be a way to turn it on.

That's what I told him.

We'll see what he says.

I e-mailed him about the digital versions of 2K10 as well, a few hours later there was a digital version on GameStop. His response to that was "There isn't one?" or something like that. I'm just saying hopefully they can patch this in or something.

He responded and I think he forgot what version I was referring to.

Here was his response....

"options-mycontroller-controller setup-press R Trigger- press R bumper to select classic hitting"

Hm.. Any idea how that translates to a Logitech dual action?

Archived